Subject: RE: your mail

From: BOURDON Gilles FTRD/DAC/ISS <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 11:26:48 +0200

Thanks Dave.
Of course, I checked the mailing-list archive before sending my previous
request... The only words I found about the Isidor's problem are in the DC
meeting minutes, but no explanations whatsoever. If you have more
information about this problem somewhere, don't hesitate to send it to me...

Gilles.

-----Message d'origine-----
De: Dave Thaler [mailto:[email-masked]]
Date: jeudi 27 avril 2000 22:02
À: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Objet: Re: your mail

Gilles Bourdon writes:
> Could anyone explain what exactly Poison-Reverse message solves ? Maybe a
> quick word on it in the draft would be useful.

I think it's been explained on the list... Isidor Kouvelas originally
brought up the problem 2 IETF meetings ago.

In short, it solves the problem of knowing whether to forward
packets towards the root or not when you're receiving data on
an (S,G) branch.

> I am also wondering how the (S,G) target list is populated in the case you
> have a Join(S,G) coming from an external peer (and (S,G) entry is then
> created), but you already have a (*,G) entry. Is target list copied from
> (*,G) to (S,G), and (*,G) Joins update (S,G) target list ?

Right.

-Dave