Subject: [Bier] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-bier-isis-extensions-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 08:54:54 -0800

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bier-isis-extensions-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-isis-extensions/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming from Joe Clarke in his OPS-DIR review:
The only substantive comment I have is in section 5.6 regarding reporting
misconfigurations.  What is not stated is _how_ this is to be done.  There is
no reference to a standard BIER or IS-IS mechanism with how this reporting
should be carried out.  For operational consistency, I feel some guidance
should be offered.

The one nit I noticed is in section 6.2:

OLD:

Label ranges in multiple sub-sub-TLV MUST NOT overlap.

NEW:

Label ranges in multiple sub-sub-TLVs MUST NOT overlap.