Subject: [Bier] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions-12: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 06:47:50 -0800

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions-12: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

1) From the shepherd write-up „The main comment I have on the document is that
it should be renamed to "OSPFv2 Extensions for BIER”. -> I agree.

2) Also from the shepherd write-up: „Didn’t see IPR disclosures on the alias
archive. Emailed the authors, got responses from 2.“ -> Did the others confirm
by now?

3) Please use rfc8174 boilerplate.

4) Editorial nit (that will also be cought by the RFC editor): the reference to
RFC2328 should be removed from the abstract and added in the Intro.

5) Editorial comment: in section 2.2: Wouldn’t it makes sense to also display
the 4 reserved bits at the end of the Label in the diagram? Also wondering why
those bits have not been used for the Bit String Length but that’s not
important…

6) maybe: s/specified in section 2 of [RFC8296]/specified in section 2.1.2 of
[RFC8296]/

7) The document should maybe provide further guidance on how the stated goal in
the security considerations section could be achieved.

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 09:53:29 -0500

Hi Mirja,

Thanks for the review.  The declarations of no known IPR from all the
authors came in
a thread on 4/4/17 on the BIER mailing list.

Regards,

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 9:47 AM, Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> BIER mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bier
>