Subject: [Bier] WGLC: draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions-10

From: Greg Shepherd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 06:46:41 -0800

One more week to clear open issues. There has been a proposal to change the
label range size encoding in the BIER MPLS Encapsulation Sub-TLV. Please
read and respond.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions/

Thanks,
Chairs

---

From: Senthil Dhanaraj <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 05:50:20 +0000

One more suggestion to consider.
Kindly check if we can add below statement.

2.3.  Flooding scope of BIER Information

      ………
      OSPF Extended Prefix TLV is set to inter-area.  When determining
      whether a BIER Sub-TLV should be included in this LSA, an OSPF ABR
      will:

         - Examine its best path to the prefix in the source area and
         find the advertising router associated with the best path to
         that prefix.

         - Determine if such advertising router advertised a BIER Sub-
         TLV for the prefix.  If yes, the ABR will copy the information    // [SEN1]
         from such BIER Sub-TLV when advertising BIER Sub-TLV to each
         attached area.

[SEN1]  If the advertising router associated with the best path to the prefix “have not advertised any BIER Sub-TLV”,
               then the ABR will use the BIER Sub-TLV advertised by any other router from source-area for the same prefix.

Thanks,
Senthil

From: BIER [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Greg Shepherd
Sent: 01 February 2018 20:17
To: BIER WG <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Bier] WGLC: draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions-10

One more week to clear open issues. There has been a proposal to change the label range size encoding in the BIER MPLS Encapsulation Sub-TLV. Please read and respond.

Thanks,
Chairs