Subject: [Bier] Fwd: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ippm-multipoint-alt-mark-05.txt> (Multipoint Alternate Marking method for passive and hybrid performance monitoring) to Experimental RFC

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 09:54:17 -0800

FYI…

This document is related to draft-ietf-bier-pmmm-oam.

If you have comments, please send them to the authors and cc
[email-masked].

Thanks!

Alvaro.

On February 21, 2020 at 3:45:59 PM, The IESG ([email-masked])
wrote:

The IESG has received a request from the IP Performance Measurement WG
(ippm)
to consider the following document: - 'Multipoint Alternate Marking method
for passive and hybrid performance
monitoring'
<draft-ietf-ippm-multipoint-alt-mark-05.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-03-06. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

The Alternate Marking method, as presented in RFC 8321 [RFC8321], can
be applied only to point-to-point flows because it assumes that all
the packets of the flow measured on one node are measured again by a
single second node. This document aims to generalize and expand this
methodology to measure any kind of unicast flows, whose packets can
follow several different paths in the network, in wider terms a
multipoint-to-multipoint network. For this reason the technique here
described is called Multipoint Alternate Marking. Some definitions
here introduced extend the scope of RFC 5644 [RFC5644] in the context
of alternate marking schema.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-multipoint-alt-mark/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-multipoint-alt-mark/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/4010/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3035/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3110/

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce