Subject: [Bier] Plans for draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 11:42:19 +0100

Hi,

I notice that draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements has expired.

There was lots of discussion about the draft in November and December last
year, but nothing seems to have happened since.

Is it our plan to use the draft as a repository for the results of
discussions, or is there an intention to pursue publication as an RFC.

In either case, it would be good to see an update that captures the
discussions from the end of last year.

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: Gyan Mishra <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 02:22:12 -0400

Hi Adrian

Thanks for asking about this draft.

Mike McBride is the main editor for this draft.  So this draft per Mike,
the goal was to help drive requirements for a solution but not progress  to
RFC.

The last update to the draft was prior IETF 109  when the appendixes were
removed from the draft.

My suggestion was to rollback the draft adding back the appendixes which I
think have a lot of value.

I will plan to update and add back the appendixes also any other updates
from the discussions on the two solutions we had last year.

Kind Regards

Gyan

On Sat, May 1, 2021 at 6:42 AM Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> BIER mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bier
>
-- 

<http://www.verizon.com/>

*Gyan Mishra*

*Network Solutions A**rchitect *

*Email [email-masked] <[email-masked]>*

*M 301 502-1347*