Subject: [Bier] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-bierin6-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2022 15:00:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bit Indexed Explicit Replication WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Supporting BIER in IPv6 Networks (BIERin6)
        Authors         : Zheng(Sandy) Zhang
                          Zhaohui Zhang
                          IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Mankamana Mishra
                          Hooman Bidgoli
                          Gyan Mishra
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bier-bierin6-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2022-01-06

Abstract:
   BIER is a new architecture for the forwarding of multicast data
   packets without requiring per-flow state inside the network.  This
   document describes how the existing BIER encapsulation specified in
   RFC 8296 works in an IPv6 non-MPLS network, referred to as BIERin6.
   Specifically, like in an IPv4 network, BIER can work over L2 links
   directly or over tunnels.  In case of IPv6 tunneling, a new IP "Next
   Header" type is to be assigned for BIER.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-bierin6/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bier-bierin6-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bier-bierin6-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts