Subject: [BLISS] Glitch in the BLISS mailing list

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:50:49 -0400

I just (on 11 Apr) received a message sent by Sriram on 22 Mar.  So
beware that something may be malfunctioning in the BLISS mailing list.

The headers are:

    Mail-from: From [email-masked]  Wed Apr 11 10:55:06 2007
    Return-Path: <[email-masked]>
    Received: from localhost (dragon.ariadne.com [127.0.0.1])
	    by dragon.ariadne.com (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id l3BEt5Lv009820
	    for <worley@localhost>; Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:55:06 -0400
    Received: from mail.comcast.net [204.127.228.10]
	    by localhost with POP3 (fetchmail-6.2.0)
	    for worley@localhost (single-drop); Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:55:06 -0400 (EDT)
    Received: from megatron.ietf.org ([156.154.16.145])
	      by alnrmxc24.comcast.net (alnrmxc24) with ESMTP
	      id <20070411145011a2400jgdkue>; Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:50:11 +0000
    X-Originating-IP: [156.154.16.145]
    Received: from [127.0.0.1] (helo=stiedprmman1.va.neustar.com)
	    by megatron.ietf.org with esmtp (Exim 4.43)
	    id 1Hbe9C-0003cY-Hb; Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:50:10 -0400
    Received: from [10.91.34.44] (helo=ietf-mx.ietf.org)
	    by megatron.ietf.org with esmtp (Exim 4.43) id 1HULf9-00043x-Ia
	    for [email-masked]; Thu, 22 Mar 2007 07:41:00 -0400
    Received: from mail7.exchange.microsoft.com ([131.107.1.27]
	    helo=mail.exchange.microsoft.com)
	    by ietf-mx.ietf.org with esmtp (Exim 4.43) id 1HULez-0005UF-Eh
	    for [email-masked]; Thu, 22 Mar 2007 07:40:59 -0400
    Received: from DF-BHD-04.exchange.corp.microsoft.com (157.54.63.169) by
	    DF-GWY-07.exchange.corp.microsoft.com (157.54.63.164) with Microsoft
	    SMTP Server (TLS) id 8.1.85.3; Thu, 22 Mar 2007 04:40:48 -0700
    Received: from DF-COLLIE-MSG.exchange.corp.microsoft.com ([10.255.255.1]) by
	    DF-BHD-04.exchange.corp.microsoft.com ([157.54.63.169]) with mapi;
	    Thu, 22 Mar 2007 04:40:48 -0700
    From: Sriram Parameswar <[email-masked]>
    To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
    Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 04:40:47 -0700
    Thread-Topic: Minutes from IETF 68 available
    Thread-Index: AcdsXfROlngsHGwQQO+11dnt6mpXQwAGIVsQ
    Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
    References: <[email-masked]>
    In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
    Accept-Language: en-US
    Content-Language: en-US
    X-MS-Has-Attach: 
    X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: 
    acceptlanguage: en-US
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    X-Spam-Score: 0.5 (/)
    X-Scan-Signature: cd26b070c2577ac175cd3a6d878c6248
    X-Mailman-Approved-At: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:50:09 -0400
    Subject: [BLISS] Minutes from IETF 68 available
    X-BeenThere: [email-masked]
    X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.5
    Precedence: list
    List-Id: "Basic Level of Interoperability for SIP Services \(BLISS\) BoF"
	    <bliss.ietf.org>
    List-Unsubscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bliss>,
	    <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe>
    List-Archive: <http://www1.ietf.org/pipermail/bliss>
    List-Post: <mailto:[email-masked]>
    List-Help: <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help>
    List-Subscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bliss>,
	    <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>
    Errors-To: [email-masked]
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
    X-MIME-Autoconverted: from quoted-printable to 8bit by dragon.ariadne.com id l3BEt5Lv009820

It looks like the time was spent at megatron.ietf.org, but the
Received header in question claims to have received the message from
stiedprmman1.va.neustar.com, which is not the host in the previous
Received.

Dale

_______________________________________________
BLISS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bliss

---

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 15:35:13 -0700

> beware that something may be malfunctioning in the BLISS mailing list.

In general if you see a message stopped at megatron for several days
it's an indication that it was flagged for moderation . If this happens
regularly or for long periods of time I would encourage you to provide
feedback to the iad and or the iaoc who are responsible for contract
with neustar who provides this service.

joel

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:50:47 -0400

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>

I'll look into that.  BTW, do you know why neustar doesn't appear in
any of the Received headers?  As they seem to be one of the most
important processing steps, they should be properly logged.

Dale

---

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 19:40:01 -0700

> important processing steps, they should be properly logged.

The ietf secretariat servers (I believe there are 9 in total) are hosted
by neustar secretariat services (formerly fortec) a subsidiary of neustar.

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:00:31 -0400

Sorry guys - this was my fault. This mail got flagged for moderator 
approval. The email letting me know there is a problem ended up in my 
'unclassified' folder that I seldom look at. So, it sat there for a 
while. I've added a filter for these bounce notices so I will see them 
right away now.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com