Subject: [BLISS] Automatic Handling Survey

From: Shida Schubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:21:53 -0700

All;

In Chicago, there was a suggestion to take one of the
milestones and use it as a guinea pig to evaluate the
process described in the problem statement draft for
its effectiveness and functionality.

Problem Statement: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bliss-problem-statement-00.txt

Amongst the chairs and the technical adviser, we decided to
take up the milestone "Automatic Handling" as a guinea pig.

The idea was to conduct a phase 1 (Identify a Feature Group) and
Phase 2 (Submit Feature Flows) in a small group (Authors and chairs)
and contact various vendors to gather information necessary to
identify the problem source.

After some discussion, we realized that contacting individuals
to collect call-flow wasn't as easy as we initially thought it would
be due to the time and effort on the individuals part.

So, to get a reasonable amount of feedback to make any fruitful
conclusions or suggestion(s) that would ultimately solve the
interoperability issues, there was an obvious need to lower the
threshold for providing information.

To do this, we set-up a web form which should take no longer than
5 minutes to complete.

Beside BLISS, we are going to ask SIPForum and participants at
SIPit to participate in the survery(web form), with which we should
get enough feedback to assess the preliminary problem of the space
we are dealing with. If you know somebody that can answer the
questions better than you please forward the link below.

After we have enough information on the statistics of current
implementations in the wild, we can then have a in-depth discussion
on the list. And come up with a clear definition of problem
space(phase 3) as well as recommendation(phase 4).

Below is the link to the web-form, I ask for your feedback and
I thank you for your time and participation.

http://www.bliss-ietf.org/autohandle/?id=27bl01dn22d

 Regards
  Shida

_______________________________________________
BLISS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bliss