Subject: [BLISS] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-johnston-bliss-mla-req-01

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:25:07 -0600

After much hard work by the MLA design team, we have a new version of 
the draft.  We reused the old filename to buy us an extra week, but the 
draft has much more than just a requirements analysis - it has fully 
details of the proposed mechanism.

Comments and feedback are most welcome.

Thanks,
Alan

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-johnston-bliss-mla-req-01
Date: 	Mon, 25 Feb 2008 06:42:24 -0800 (PST)
From: 	IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 
[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked] 

A new version of I-D, draft-johnston-bliss-mla-req-01.txt has been successfuly submitted by Alan Johnston and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-johnston-bliss-mla-req
Revision:	 01
Title:		 The Multiple Appearance Feature using the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
Creation_date:	 2008-02-25
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 57

Abstract:
This document describes the requirements and implementation of a
group telephony feature commonly known as Bridged Line Appearance
(BLA) or Multiple Line Appearance (MLA), or Shared Call/Line
Appearance (SCA).  When implemented using the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP), it is referred to as Multiple Appearances (MA) since
SIP does not have lines.  This feature is commonly offered in the IP
Centrex services and IP-PBX offerings and is likely to be implemented
on SIP IP telephones and SIP feature servers used in a business
environment.  This document lists requirements and compares
implementation options for this feature.  Extensions to the SIP
dialog event package are proposed.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
BLISS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bliss