Subject: [BLISS] draft-ligot-bliss-sip-services-guide-01: request for

From: Arnaud Ligot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:23:08 +0100

Hi,

we submitted a document related to the SIP services being studied in
BLISS:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ligot-bliss-sip-services-guide-01 and
would like to get some feedback about it.

The idea behind this work it to give a comprehensive categorization of
references related to the SIP services being in the scope of BLISS
working group.
We found that it could help the design teams to check existing
specifications, as an illustration of  'what is done elsewhere' (indeed,
some products we know just  *implement* these specifications...).
Intention is clearly NOT to present the best solutions or give
recommendations, but it still raises some architectural questions:
sometimes, confusion around service specifications arises when this it
not clear if it can be assumed that an 'active intermediary' (a proxy,
B2BUA, application server....) contributes to fulfill service
requirements or not. Difficulty is increased by the fact architecture
considerations are clearly out of IETF scope, but MAY need to be taken
into account when providing recommendations...

- do you think this kind of document is useful for design teams?
- if yes, should we continue this effort? or is it already too late to 
give 'inputs' documents to BLISS? there is still some work to do in 
order to cover what is done in enterprise domain for instance...
- if no, do you think this document is useful somewhere else? initially 
we did it for our own usage because we were a little bit 'lost' among 
all the available specifications, so if useful for us, maybe is it 
useful for somebody else?

Any comments, help, contribution, or feedback very welcome !...

Thomas Froment,
Arnaud Ligot

_______________________________________________
BLISS mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bliss

---

From: "Hans Erik van Elburg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:55:34 +0100

Hi Arnaud,

I think an overview of what is done in other SDO's is very usefull.
Thanks for starting such work.

I appreciate that you included references to the ETSI TISPAN services,
however it might be a good idea to add their 3GPP equivalents as well as
this work has been transfered to 3GPP and further evolution of those
services will happen there.

Best Regards,
/Hans Erik 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Arnaud Ligot
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 2:23 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [BLISS] draft-ligot-bliss-sip-services-guide-01: request for

Hi,

Thomas Froment,
Arnaud Ligot