Subject: [BLISS] SLA/BLA/MLA history

From: Matthew Kaufman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:46:33 -0800

I'm looking into the various existing/former ways of handling 
{Shared,Bridged} {Call, Line} Appearance to try to figure out who 
supports what in existing software/firmware.

Does anyone know of an existing compilation of which types of support exist?

I know of "line-seize"/"call-info" style (documented by Broadsoft) and 
two variations of "dialog;sla" style (one of of them documented by 
draft-anil-sipping-bla), so far, but perhaps there's more?

I also have some information about which are supported by which phones, 
but I'm sure my knowledge here is weak, because I can't even figure out 
100% what the phone on my own desk supports. (A Polycom that I know does 
"line-seize"/"call-info" but claims in documentation to support 
draft-anil-sipping-bla-02) and I certainly don't know what other major 
vendors do/don't support.

If such a compilation doesn't exist already, I'd gladly collect 
information anyone has and put it together somewhere public. In my case, 
I'm trying to write some software that is compatible with at least one 
of the previous schemes (preferably whatever was/is most popular), but 
it might also be useful as a reference for a future improved standard.

Matthew Kaufman
_______________________________________________
BLISS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bliss

---

From: Jason Fischl <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 09:45:26 -0800

Hi Matthew,

> Does anyone know of an existing compilation of which types of  
Not that I am aware of.

> I know of "line-seize"/"call-info" style (documented by Broadsoft)  
> and two variations of "dialog;sla" style (one of of them documented  
> by draft-anil-sipping-bla), so far, but perhaps there's more?
>
> I also have some information about which are supported by which  
> phones, but I'm sure my knowledge here is weak, because I can't even  
> figure out 100% what the phone on my own desk supports. (A Polycom  
> that I know does "line-seize"/"call-info" but claims in  
> documentation to support draft-anil-sipping-bla-02) and I certainly  
> don't know what other major vendors do/don't support.
>
> information anyone has and put it together somewhere public. In my  
> case, I'm trying to write some software that is compatible with at  
> least one of the previous schemes (preferably whatever was/is most  
> popular), but it might also be useful as a reference for a future  
> improved standard.
>
Yes. This would be very much appreciated.