Subject: [BLISS] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 12:16:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Basic Level of Interoperability for SIP Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Shared Appearances of a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Address of Record (AOR)
	Author(s)       : Alan Johnston
                          Mohsen Soroushnejad
                          Venkatesh Venkataramanan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances-12.txt
	Pages           : 70
	Date            : 2012-07-13

Abstract:
   This document describes the requirements and implementation of a
   group telephony feature commonly known as Bridged Line Appearance
   (BLA) or Multiple Line Appearance (MLA), or Shared Call/Line
   Appearance (SCA).  When implemented using the Session Initiation
   Protocol (SIP), it is referred to as shared appearances of an Address
   of Record (AOR) since SIP does not have the concept of lines.  This
   feature is commonly offered in IP Centrex services and IP-PBX
   offerings and is likely to be implemented on SIP IP telephones and
   SIP feature servers used in a business environment.  This feature
   allows several user agents (UAs) to share a common AOR, learn about
   calls placed and received by other UAs in the group, and pick up or
   join calls within the group.  This document discusses use cases,
   lists requirements and defines extensions to implement this feature.
   This specification updates RFC3261 and RFC4235.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances-12

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances-12

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/