Subject: [BLISS] RFC 6910 on Completion of Calls for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 14:50:01 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6910

        Title:      Completion of Calls for the 
                    Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     D. Worley, M. Huelsemann,
                    R. Jesske, D. Alexeitsev
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 86166
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bliss-call-completion-19.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6910.txt

The "completion of calls" feature defined in this specification
allows the caller of a failed call to be notified when the callee
becomes available to receive a call.

For the realization of a basic solution without queuing, this
document references the usage of the dialog event package (RFC 4235)
that is described as 'Automatic Redial' in "Session Initiation                           
Protocol Service Examples" (RFC 5359).

For the realization of a more comprehensive solution with queuing,
this document introduces an architecture for implementing these
features in the Session Initiation Protocol where "completion of
calls" implementations associated with the caller's and callee's
endpoints cooperate to place the caller's request for completion of
calls into a queue at the callee's endpoint; when a caller's request
is ready to be serviced, re-attempt of the original, failed call is
then made.

The architecture is designed to interoperate well with existing
completion of calls solutions in other networks.

This document is a product of the Basic Level of Interoperability for SIP Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC