Subject: [bmwg] RFC 3222

From: "Singh, Gurpreet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 09:19:45 -1000

Hi

Refering to RFC 3222 Section 2.0

"The FIB-dependent throughput, latency and frame loss rate (6.3, 6.4, 6.5),
measured with fully meshed traffic flows [2], will reflect the change in
performance of the router."
Why the throughput,latency and frame loss rate need to be measured for a
fully meshed network.
Is it possible to achieve the same through the following ?
   A ----  DUT ------ B
B can advertise the routes to DUT (Device Under Test) and then A sends
traffic to once of the destinations to measure throughput and latency.
Is there any advantage of having moe nodes directly connected to DUT and
advertising routes to DUT (to manipulate the FIB size) ? or just one node as
B is enough to do that.

Thanks
Gurpreet

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg