Subject: [bmwg] Last Call: Proposed WG New Work Item - OSPF Benchmarking

From: Kevin Dubray <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:30:40 -0500

BMWG:

It has been proposed that the BMWG support a new work item 
relative to the I-Ds on "OSPF Benchmarking":

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manral-ospfconv-term-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manral-ospconv-intraarea-00.txt

Goal:

If undertaken, produce a set of drafts that would clinically 
outline the methodology and the corresponding terminology to 
measure OSPF benchmarking.

Scope:
 
We would like to add OSPF convergence into the work items for
the BMWG. The scope of OSPF convergence benchmarking is
restricted to the testing to events limited to the control
plane; we do not attempt to talk about scenarios where both
data and control traffic are flowing simultaneously. The
drafts mentioned above only deal with Intra-area convergence,
other work relating to inter-area/external convergence is
outside the scope of the current draft, and will be dealt in
future drafts.

Motivation:

OSPF is a widely used IGP in today's internet. The motivation
for including OSPF benchmarking in the work items is to
provide a set of tests that can provide the user comparable
data from various vendors with which to evaluate the OSPF
protocol performance on the devices.

----------------------------------------------------------------
  
If you wish to offer your thoughts as to whether the BMWG should 
or should not undertake the effort to advance this work, please 
email this list or [email-masked] no later than 22 Feb 01.

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg