Subject: [bmwg] request for input on continuous vs. instantaneous latency collection

From: "David Newman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:18:59 -0800

bmwg'ers,

A team assembled at Kevin's request is working through issues with the
multicast methodology draft, and it is the consensus of this group that your
input is needed to address an outstanding question.

The question is which method the methodology should require for latency
measurement:

--the continuous method, where we record latency of all test frames

--the instantaneous method, the RFC 2544-style "blip test" in which we
record latency of 1 marked frame

Because valid arguments can be made for both approaches, the group felt it
would be helpful to hear which method you prefer.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this topic.

Regards,
David Newman

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg