Subject: [bmwg] I-D ACTION:draft-white-network-benchmark-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 07:23:45 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Considerations in Benchmarking Routing Protocol 
                          Network Convergence
	Author(s)	: R. White, V. Manral, R. Adams
	Filename	: draft-white-network-benchmark-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2003-2-27
	
This document attempts to discuss some of the definitions required to
undertake the specifications of such benchmarks, and also to discuss
some of the possible ways to benchmark a routing protocol performance
within a network, and some of the implications of those benchmarks.
The definition of convergence is discussed first, then polling
network devices. Several tests which are commonly used to measure
network convergence are examined.
This draft does not attempt to define what techniques should be used
to benchmark network convergence, but only to provide considerations
that testers shoudl consider when attempting to measure netowrk
convergence using various methods.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-white-network-benchmark-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-white-network-benchmark-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-white-network-benchmark-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.