Subject: [bmwg] mcast - aggregated multicast throughput

From: Debby Stopp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:04:28 -0800

Here's the next section that had some significant comments:
***********************************************************

  4.3. Aggregated Multicast Throughput 
   
     Objective: 
      
     To determine the maximum rate at which none of the offered frames 
     to be forwarded through N destination interfaces of the same 
     multicast group is dropped. 

     Procedure: 
      
     Offer multicast traffic at an initial fixed percent of maximum 
     offered load to a fixed set of interfaces with a fixed number of 
     groups at a fixed frame length for a fixed duration of time. 
      
     If any frame loss is detected, the offered load is decreased and 
     the sender will transmit again.  An iterative search algorithm MAY 
     be utilized to determine the maximum offered frame rate with a zero 
     frame loss rate. 
      
     Each iteration will involve varying the intended load of the 
     multicast traffic, while keeping the set of interfaces, number of 
     multicast groups, frame length and test duration fixed, until the 
     maximum rate at which none of the offered frames are dropped is 
     determined. 
      
     Parameters to be measured MUST include the offered load at which no 
     frame loss occurred (as defined by RFC 1242). 

     Reporting Format: 
      
     Test configuration parameters MUST be reported for this test per 
     section 3.1.6, and, specific to the Aggregated Multicast Throughput 
     test, the following information MUST also be reported: 
      
          o Aggregated Multicast Throughput as defined in RFC1242 
            [Br91]. 
          o Total number of multicast groups. 
        
     The Aggregated Multicast Throughput results SHOULD be reported in 
     the format of a table with a row for each of the tested packet 
     sizes per the recommendations in section 3.1.3.  Each row or 
     iteration SHOULD specify offered load, total number of offered 
     frames and the measured throughput. 

Debby
_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg