Subject: [bmwg] BMWG Agenda Slot Requests / Proposal Details

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 18:07:18 -0400

BMWG Authors, Editors, and Contributors:

Please plan to send me any requests for Agenda slots on your BMWG
contribution(s) no later close of business MONDAY, 26 June.
(For those who have already sent something, be sure your request
has all the info below.)

Your request should include the detailed goals of discussion slot.
What issues have been raised on the list that presentation will help
to resolve?
        (E.g., Regarding <draft-ietf-bmwg-foo>: a) resolve choice
        of dual DUT vs single DUT in section X.Y.Z, b) discuss
        newly proposed wording in section A.B.C,  c) resolve
        deadlock on WG List regarding section E.F.G wording,
        d) discuss suitability of draft for WG Last Call.)

For New Work proposals (and there seem to be *many* of these)
the following additional info will be helpful:

        * The status of existing draft(s), if available.
        * A statement of the work that's being proposed, with a Scope.
        * Anything else you think is relevant.

All this info will help to determine time allocation,
required WG membership preparation, and the discussion focus
in WG agenda statements.

And let's try something new:

      All presentation materials submitted by July 5th.

This way, participants can use your slides as a
way to make *Reading The Drafts* more productive.  After all,
these meetings are where we try accomplish the work of
four "e-mail-months" by spending two hours together. Discussion
is the key - presentations should prompt the exchange of ideas
and resolution of controversial points.

Finally, a word about participation. We all know the definition of
Throughput, and applying it to our work plan, it means completing
the work in the queue before adding more. Did you help write a new draft?
Then read an old one, and make a contribution that helps it toward
completion.

Thanks again for your collective contributions to BMWG!

Al
BMWG co-chair

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg