Subject: [bmwg] Updates for Accelerated Stress Work Item

From: "Poretsky, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 00:25:06 -0400

Hi BMWG-ers,

The latest Accelerated Stress Benchmarking documents are at  
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-acc-bench-term-11.tx
t
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-acc-bench-meth-07.tx
t

These are updated to incorporate comments from the WGLC.  Comments were
received from many including Arun Gandhi, Jay Karthik, Tom Alexander,
Chip Popovicius, George Jones, Jim McQuaid, and Al Morton.  Thank you so
much for your thorough reviews.

Changes resolve the ID-Nits identified by the tool.  Changes to the
latest revisions also address the comments for re-phrasings, edits, and
clarifications.  The co-authors hope these were sufficiently implemented
as agreed and recommend another review to ensure this.  

A common question that was included in the feedback was "Why does Table
1 read right to left?"  The reason is that the working group decided to
have the timeline match the timeline shown on test equipment.  Yes, our
favorite vendors have their displays scroll right to left.  We can
change the Table 1 flow to left to right if there is consensus to do
that.

Another question was around the use of the General Methodology
Guidelines.  This work item is modular in structure so that additional
methodologies can be developed using those guidelines.
 
Comments also were made for the follow-on methodologies that can be
developed from the modular structure of this work item.  More recently,
discussion to incorporate BFD has been made on the mailing list.  The
co-authors would appreciate suggestions for specific text changes in the
Methodology Guidelines to cover BFD.  

There seems to be increased interest to move ahead to the technology
specific methodologies, so we need to finish the Terminology and
Methodology Guidelines.  Additional reviews would be most welcome.  Does
the working group recommend another WGLC they best way to solicit these?

Scott and Shankar

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg