Subject: [bmwg] Draft Agenda for BMWG at IETF-68

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 16:41:19 -0500

BMWG:

I've just uploaded the draft agenda (below),
comments/omissions/bashing welcome.

I'd like to finalize the presenters and receive
slides by March 16th. You can revise your slides
once (before the 20th).

Folks who will be present should volunteer for the
important roles below (or I will pick *you*):
Official Note Taker
Back-up Note Taker
Jabber Room Comment Reader*

Al
bmwg co-chair

* this person can interrupt the line to read jabber comments,
and since we're meeting at a somewhat friendly time for US time
zones, I expect that there will be some remote participation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benchmarking Methodology WG (bmwg)
==================================
TUESDAY, March 20, 2007
1300-1500 Afternoon Session I
Karlin I
==================================

CHAIR(s): Al Morton <[email-masked]>

DRAFT Agenda

0.  Agenda bashing (if we need to shuffle a few items)
     See 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/meeting_materials.cgi?meeting_num=68
     for Agenda updates and Slides

1.  Working Group Status (Chair)
     draft-ietf-bmwg-hash-stuffing-08    	RFC Ed Queue
     see http://tools.ietf.org/wg/bmwg/ for status of other drafts

2.  IPv6 Benchmarking Methodology   (Chip Popoviciu)
     draft-ietf-bmwg-ipv6-meth-01
Results from WGLC: close on any open issues

3.  Benchmarking Protection Mechanisms  (Rajiv or Jay)
     draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-meth-01  	
     draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-term-00
Need discussion to close on previous issues raised, such as whether a 
loss-based
recovery time determination is sufficient for protection mechanisms.
Editorial review of the entire methodology; changes to the text include:
Refined Intro to improve the flow of the document
Deleted figure 4.9 and reduced number of test cases to 2 in section 5.5

4.  Benchmarking Resource Reservation Mechanisms  (Krisztian Nemeth)
     draft-ietf-bmwg-benchres-term-08    	RFC Ed Queue
What was accomplished, what is ahead...

5.  Milestone Status (Chair)

*******   New Work Proposals  *********

6.  New Proposal Summary (Chair)

7.  LDP Convergence Benchmarking Terms and Methodology (Thomas, Rajiv or Jay)
     draft-eriksson-ldp-convergence-term-04
     draft-karthik-bmwg-ldp-convergence-meth-00
Added new term  LDP Advertisement Type
First draft of methodology to complement terms

8.  MPLS VPN Scalability Benchmarking  (Silvija Dry)
     draft-sdry-bmwg-mvpnscale-01
- Update on changes in the "01" version
- Agree on the scope of the draft

9.  Bidirectional Forwarding Detection Benchmarking  (Esa or Jay)
     draft-salahuddin-bmwg-bfd-motivation-00
The BFD protocol is becoming an increasingly popular alternative to a
variety of existing methods to detect forwarding failures on links between
network elements. It is being proposed as the forwarding failure detection
mechanism for a host of routing protocols, virtual links and p2mp topologies.
It is a very useful in the situations where underlying physical media doesn't
lend itself well to fast detection of failures.

You can find extensive information on the BFD protocol itself at the 
BFD WG weblink
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/bfd/

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg