Subject: [bmwg] Draft Agenda for BMWG at IETF-70

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 10:54:56 -0500

Folks, there are a few open questions in this
draft of the Agenda, please take a look.

Future updates will be here:
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/agenda/bmwg.txt

Al
bmwg chair

Benchmarking Methodology WG (bmwg)

Thursday, December 6, 2007
0900-1130 Morning Session I
Oak

CHAIR(s): Al Morton <[email-masked]>

Please help contribute to a successful meeting by reading the drafts
and references *before* we meet.

AGENDA:   Draft as of 11/20/2007

0.  Agenda bashing (if we need to shuffle a few items)
     See 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/meeting_materials.cgi?meeting_num=70
     for Agenda updates and Slides

Check the BMWG mail archive for comments:
      http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/bmwg/current/

1.  Working Group Status (Chair)

Topics/Drafts not covered by presentations below:

IPv6 Benchmarking Methodology at "Publication Requested"
Draft URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-ipv6-meth-04.txt

IPsec Benchmarking Drafts
Update expected, also comments from "volunteers"
URLs:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-term-02
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-meth-02

Standard Introduction/Security Paragraph for BMWG memos

2.   IGP Data plane convergence benchmark I-Ds - Publication 
Requested - IESG Review

Discussion GOALS:
Revisions address IESG DISCUSS comments and Design Team work.
Design Team has gone into Over-time, more modifications will be coming, so...
What DISCUSSes have we cleared, and what remains open?
Does the WG agree with the changes, so far?  Read the drafts and let us know!

Revised I-Ds:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-term-14.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-meth-14.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-app-14.txt

Presenter: Scott Poretsky

3.   Techniques for Benchmarking Router Accelerated Stress Testing.

Discussion GOALS: Seeking Updates to resolve Last Call responses,
before another WGLC ...
Draft URLs:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-acc-bench-term-12.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-acc-bench-meth-08.txt

Presenter: Scott Poretsky

4.   Sub-IP Protection Mechanisms

Discussion GOALS: Reach consensus on the various definitions of actions
during Protection Switching.

Drafts:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-term-03.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-meth-02.txt

Presenter: Poretsky and Papneja

5.   Milestone Status and New Proposal Summary (Chair)

*******   New Work Proposals  *********

6.   Benchmarking LDP Convergence in the Dataplane

Discussion GOALS: Solicit more comments on this work, generate interest
and move this to be an official work item in the light of the recent LDP
Survey RFCs.

Related Drafts:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/draft-eriksson-ldp-convergence-term/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/draft-karthik-bmwg-ldp-convergence-meth/

Presenter: Jay/Rajiv

WG Chair Asks:   Has the terminology draft expired?  (meth-01 is available)

7.   Multicast VPN Scalability Benchmarking

Discussion GOALS:
- discuss and hopefully reach agreement on modified scope of the draft
based on input from IETF-68
- give summary of the draft and changes from previous version
- solicit input from WG about interest and next steps

Related Draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sdry-bmwg-mvpnscale-03.txt

Presenter: Silvija Dry

8.  MPLS Forwarding Benchmarking

Discussion GOALS:
- Obtain Feedback on EXP/DSCP cases
- examine steps to adoption

Related Draft:
draft-akhter-bmwg-mpls-meth-03 (to be posted)

Presenter: Aamer Akhter

WG Chair Asks: Is the draft published yet? Miss the deadline?

9.    SIP Performance Benchmarking

WG Chair Asks:   These drafts were updated, what is the status?

Discussion GOALS: Review changes to Terminology, review new Methodology.
Ask working group if ready to be an official work item.
Proposal TEXT: see
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/bmwg/current/msg01291.html

Presenter: Scott Poretsky, Vijay Gurbani and Carol Davids ??

Related Drafts:
Draft URLs:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-04.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-poretsky-bmwg-sip-bench-meth-02.txt

***

***

Please help contribute to a successful meeting by reading the above
I-D(s) and references *before* we meet.

To offer comments on BMWG work in progress or the agenda itself,
please send email to:

               [email-masked]

Alternatively, to offer potential agenda items, please email:

               [email-masked] 

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg