Subject: [bmwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bmwg-ipflow-meth-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 04:49:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IP Flow Information Accounting and Export Benchmarking Methodology
	Author(s)       : Jan Novak
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-ipflow-meth-06.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2012-01-22

   This document provides a methodology and framework for quantifying
   the performance impact of monitoring of IP flows on a network device
   and export of this information to a collector. It identifies the rate
   at which the IP flows are created, expired, and successfully exported
   as a new performance metric in combination with traditional
   throughput. The metric is only applicable to the devices compliant
   with the Architecture for IP Flow Information Export [RFC5470].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-ipflow-meth-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-ipflow-meth-06.txt

---

From: "Jan Novak (janovak)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 13:53:58 +0100

Hi,
I have just posted a new version addressing
the comments from the latest review.

Jan

The climate of Edinburgh is such that the weak succumb young .... 
and the strong envy them.
                                 Dr. Johnson

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: 22 January 2012 12:50
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [bmwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bmwg-ipflow-meth-06.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IP Flow Information Accounting and Export
Benchmarking Methodology
	Author(s)       : Jan Novak
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-ipflow-meth-06.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2012-01-22

_______________________________________________
bmwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bmwg

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 09:27:22 -0500

>the comments from the latest review.

Thanks, Jan.

Please have a final look everyone, I think we may be done here.

regards,
Al
bmwg chair

---

From: Paul Aitken <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 17:35:52 +0000

Jan,

Thanks for the revised draft.

I have three minor editorial comments arising from the additional edits 
you made.
These could potentially be handled in the AUTH48 review. See below.

Al,

I'm happy to approve this draft. Thanks to Jan for all his hard work and 
patience.

P.

In 4.3.6, please re-add the deleted "a":

   "The MPLS forwarding performance document [RFC5695] specifies a number"
                                                                 ^

In 4.5, where you change the text to:

     "situations without packet, flow or export sampling",

Please use a serial (Oxford) comma to avoid ambiguity: "situations 
without packet, flow, or export sampling",

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_comma#Ambiguity

Immediately above section 5.2, please re-add the deleted "the":

     "if the implementation follows the [IPFIX-CONFIG] document"
                                    ^^^

---

From: "Jan Novak (janovak)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 18:39:33 +0100

Hi,
Ok, great - I removed those when doing
ID Nits to get the correct line lengths
without formatting pages again :-) ...

Jan

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Aitken (paitken) 
Sent: 22 January 2012 17:36
To: Jan Novak (janovak); Al Morton
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bmwg-ipflow-meth-06.txt

Jan,

Al,

patience.

P.

   "The MPLS forwarding performance document [RFC5695] specifies a
number"
                                                                 ^