Subject: [bmwg] Draft Agenda for IETF-101 BMWG Session

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 19:34:57 +0000

BMWG,

Our Draft agenda is posted with the meeting materials
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/101/materials/agenda-101-bmwg
(and appended below for easy access to the current version).

@AUTHORS:
 - Please confirm presenter names
 - Please notify the co-chairs ASAP if you will be presenting *Remotely*
   (we need to let our friends at MeetEcho know!)

Agenda Comments to the list & chairs, please.

Al
bmwg co-chair

Benchmarking Methodology WG (BMWG)   As of March 7, 2018
TUESDAY, March 20, 2018
0930-1200  Morning Session I
Palace C               OPS     bmwg           

Remote Participation:
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/101/index/index.html
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/101/remote-participation.html

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

0. Agenda Bashing

1. WG Status  (Chairs)
   (Brief status below)
Two Drafts remain on our current Charter
Interim Meeting Report
There are many proposals for new work...

2. Charter and Milestones (Chairs)

3. Benchmarking Methodology for SDN Controller Performance
   Presenter: Sarah Banks (or Bhuvaneswaran Vengainathan)
   On IESG Aganda for April 19, 2018
   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-term-09
   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-meth-08

4. Benchmarking Methodology for EVPN and PBB-EVPN
   Presenter: ? Sudhin Jacob 
   Related Draft:
   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kishjac-bmwg-evpntest-09

Continuing Proposals: 

5. Proposal on Network Service Layer Abstract Model 
   Presenter: Sean Wu
   Related Draft: 
   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xwu-bmwg-nslam-00
   Plan is to update to include NFV Considerations 

6. Updates for the Back-to-back Frame Benchmark
   Presenter: Al Morton
   Related Draft: 
   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-morton-bmwg-b2b-frame-01
   Background Slides: https://wiki.opnfv.org/download/attachments/10293193/VSPERF-Dataplane-Perf-Cap-Bench.pptx?api=v2
   https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/vsperf/Traffic+Generator+Testing

7. Updates to Firewall Benchmarking for Modern Firewalls 
   Presenter: ? B. Balarajah 
   Related RFC:  https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3511
   Related Draft:
   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-balarajah-bmwg-ngfw-performance-02
   Related Web page:  
   https://www.netsecopen.org/
   https://www.netsecopen.org/about

8. Return of VNF Benchmarking Methodology 
   Presenter:  Raphael Vicente Rosa
   Related Draft: 
   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rosa-bmwg-vnfbench-01
   Related Publication:  (IEEE Comm Mag)
   https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9niziuhi648scj/2017-rosa-taking.pdf?dl=0
   
10. Considerations for Benchmarking Network Virtualization Platforms 
   Presenter: Samuel Kommu
   Related Draft:
   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-skommu-bmwg-nvp-01.txt
   NEW-ish Draft with minimal exposure, lots of comments at IETF-98
   
WG Discussion:

11. ETSI NFV Liaison on NFVI Benchmarking Normative Specification
   Presenter: Al Morton
   Issues worked-out with omission from [email-masked]:
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1565/
   Related message to the WG list:
   https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/bmwg/1_jPsNUf9q1ObXRwF-_MlZKiE5w
Comments can be collected from BMWG and replied as a WG, or sent directly
to the chairs of ETSI NFV TST WG (see the liaison text). 

   We've had some really good presentations on Benchmarking/testing.
x. Discussion Topic:   ANY MORE PROPOSALS ???
   Leader: Chairs

y. Re-chartering BMWG
   Chairs and AD Advisor
   Review the Revised Text (and Milestones):
   https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/bmwg/3g13ODStfbq3H1TrRIwrRTIb0Ao
   https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/bmwg/xE7YzPe7j61x-bgzUX9ETdYU53E

LAST. AOB 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Not presented at this meeting:

X. Benchmarking Methodology for Service Function Chain
   Presenter: Taekhee Kim
   Related Draft:
   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kim-bmwg-sfc-benchmark-00

?. Benchmarking Methodology for Virtualization Network Performance
   Presenter: Lu Huang
   Related Draft:
   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-huang-bmwg-virtual-network-performance-02