Subject: [bmwg] Draft VNF Benchmarking Methodology - version 01 updates

From: Raphael Vicente Rosa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2018 14:08:38 -0300

Dear BMWG Colleagues,

After research analysis and related prototypes/experiments, an
almost-complete rewritten version of the previous (expired) VNF
Benchmarking Methodology draft was submitted (see the description and links
below).
We intend to build this draft through the upcoming IETF meetings and
mailing-list discussions, alongside experiments and research articles
utilizing open source code.
We are looking forward to share our ideas in IETF 101.
Any questions, suggestions, critics, and contributions are more than
welcome.

Best regards, Raphael

A new version of I-D, draft-rosa-bmwg-vnfbench-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Raphael Vicente Rosa and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-rosa-bmwg-vnfbench
Revision:       01
Title:          VNF Benchmarking Methodology
Document date:  2018-03-02
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          14
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosa-bmwg-
vnfbench-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rosa-bmwg-vnfbench/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rosa-bmwg-vnfbench-01
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rosa-bmwg-
vnfbench-01
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rosa-bmwg-vnfbench-
01

Abstract:
   This document describes a common methodology for benchmarking
   Virtualized Network Functions (VNFs) in general-purpose hardware.
   Specific cases of benchmarking methodologies for particular VNFs can
   be derived from this document.  An open source reference
   implementation called Gym is reported as a running code embodiment of
   the proposed methodology for VNFs.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat