Subject: [bmwg] Spencer Dawkins' Yes on charter-ietf-bmwg-07-00: (with COMMENT)

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 12:59:14 -0700

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-bmwg-07-00: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-bmwg/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm good for approval without external review, but wonder whether you think
it's worth letting other SDOs know that BMWG has added virtualization to its
charter.

---

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 20:29:12 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Spencer Dawkins [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2018 3:59 PM
> To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Spencer Dawkins' Yes on charter-ietf-bmwg-07-00: (with COMMENT)
> 
...

[acm] 
Hi Spencer,

Other SDOs (e.g., ETSI NFV) and Open Source Projects (e.g., OPNFV) are already
referencing our RFCs on Considerations (8172) and vSwitches (8204).
These RFCs (and the SDN drafts just Approved) were completed as 
part of a Virtualization-specific work item under our current charter.
The expansion is just slightly more prominent now.

IOW, I think they know that we're working in NFV and SDN.

thanks,
Al