Subject: [bmwg] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on charter-ietf-bmwg-07-00: (with COMMENT)

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 11:46:58 -0700

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-bmwg-07-00: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-bmwg/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am ok with no external review for this charter.

I would love to see something in the charter about interaction with existing
WGs (as applicable), specially for the cases where documents are being produced
for IETF technology.  I see EVPN in the list of milestones, for example; it
would be great if the bess WG was at least informed/made aware/given a heads
up, etc. on the work.  I don't think there's a need to list the WGs, but a
generic sentence such as "consult with/inform other WGs as appropriate" would
be great!

---

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 20:19:52 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alvaro Retana [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2018 2:47 PM
> To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Alvaro Retana's No Objection on charter-ietf-bmwg-07-00: (with
> COMMENT)
> 
...
[acm] 
Hi Alvaro,

The cross-wg review is already a common practice, even presenting
one of our drafts in another working group if there is time
(as recently as London for a proposed draft). We can make the
practice explicit.

Al

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 06:42:37 -0700

On May 9, 2018 at 4:20:13 PM, MORTON, ALFRED C (AL) ([email-masked])
wrote:

Thanks Al, that would be great!

Alvaro.