Subject: [bmwg] RFC 8455 on Terminology for Benchmarking Software-Defined Networking (SDN) Controller Performance

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 16:01:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8455

        Title:      Terminology for Benchmarking Software-Defined 
                    Networking (SDN) Controller Performance 
        Author:     V. Bhuvaneswaran, 
                    A. Basil,
                    M. Tassinari,
                    V. Manral,
                    S. Banks
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 46339
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-term-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8455

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8455

This document defines terminology for benchmarking a Software-Defined
Networking (SDN) controller's control-plane performance.  It extends
the terminology already defined in RFC 7426 for the purpose of
benchmarking SDN Controllers.  The terms provided in this document
help to benchmark an SDN Controller's performance independently of
the controller's supported protocols and/or network services.

This document is a product of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC