Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-mswitch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 12:41:20 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Benchmarking Methodology for LAN Switching Devices
	Author(s)	: J. Keene, B. Mandeville
	Filename	: draft-ietf-bmwg-mswitch-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 10-Aug-98
	
   This document is intended to provide methodology for the benchmarking
   of local area network (LAN) switching devices.  It extends the
   methodology already defined for benchmarking network interconnecting
   devices in RFC 1944 to switching devices.
 
   This RFC primarily deals with devices which switch frames at the
   Medium Access Control (MAC) layer. It provides a methodology for
   benchmarking switching devices, forwarding performance, congestion
   control, latency, address handling and filtering. In addition to
   defining the tests, this document also describes specific formats for
   reporting the results of the tests.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-bmwg-mswitch-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-mswitch-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-mswitch-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.