Subject: RE: loosening of Throughput standard?

From: Jim McQuaid <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 15:09:13 -0400

The definition is unchanged.  Many have thought / proposed / used other
terms or simply mangled the definition.  But throughput remains the highest
rate at which NO packets are dropped.  For some devices, the HIGHEST forward
rate is higher than this.

Jim McQuaid

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Wiggins [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2000 12:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: loosening of Throughput standard?

While I was looking the other way... has there been a loosening of the
definition of Throughput in RFC1242?

My interpretation is Throughput is the highest frame rate in which no
packets are dropped.

thanks.

-paul

---

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:09:42 -0400 (EDT)

> There are some people that are applying an acceptable frame loss rate =
> to the
> throughput definition.  The next question (or argument) is what is
> acceptable? 

no

Scott