Subject: Methodology for IP Mulicast Benchmarking - Scaled Group Forwardin g Matrix

From: "Perser, Jerry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 08:49:26 -0700

I am a little confused on the procedure for ports joining after multicast
traffic is sent.  The last two paragraphs in the procedure talk about how
the ports continue to join incremental.  Can we change it to state how to
start, then how to continue?  And can we use the term "destination port" as
used in section 3 (only if you really meant destination not receive)?

In the results, can we add that forwarding rate MUST be measured?

The requirement for frame loss, rates, and frame counts should be set to
MAY.  These measurements are not used in calculating the Scaled Group
Forwarding Matrix.  They are used for debugging purposes.  If you think the
Scaled Group Forwarding Matrix is in error, you MAY want to look at the
frame loss, frame rates, and frame counts.

Also, can we use the terminology from RFC 2285 instead of transmit rate and
receive rate?

___________________________________________________________ 
Jerry Perser               Phone: 818.676.2320 
SmartLab Manager           Lab:   818.676.2337 
SmartBits Systems          Fax:   818.880.9165     
26750 Agoura Road          Corp:  818.676.2300 
Calabasas, CA, 91302       Pager: [email-masked]