Subject: RE: Comments for Benchmarking Methodology for LAN Switching Devic es

From: "Perser, Jerry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 01:06:11 -0700

Gene,

I wish the person going to the IETF meetings was keeping you updated better
this last year (or two).  The draft went to last call in March.  The working
group's rough consensus was to forward it to the AD.  It was approved by the
IESG last June.  It is currently waiting for the RFC editor to finish it.

Since your comments did not have any technical merit, I do not want to pull
back the draft to address your issues.  I beleive the working group's time
would be better spent on other items than how many times the word "the"
appears in a paragraph, if a sentence has a noun AND a verb, or if " I
before E except after C".

Going forward, here is what I propose:

A. When the RFC Editor gives me 48 hours for any last minute changes, I will
fix the reference to RFC 2544.  You were right that it was not published in
2000.  This is not a technical change.

B. Set up a face to face meeting to address your issues.  We work within
walking distance of each other.  I can then explain why your issues that
appear technical were wrong.

C. Any comments that do not need the working group to discuss, to be
addressed directly to me.  I do respond to direct input (other WG members
can attest to this).  Bring this type of issues to the reflector only if the
author ignores you (like Debbie did with the comments I personally gave here
in Washington DC).

Jerry Perser