Subject: [Bridge-mib] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bridge-8021x-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 07:21:15 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bridge MIB Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Definitions for Port Access Control (IEEE 802.1X) MIB
	Author(s)	: K. Norseth
	Filename	: draft-ietf-bridge-8021x-00.txt
	Pages		: 41
	Date		: 30-May-02
	
This document defines a portion of the Management Information Base
(MIB) for use with network management protocols in TCP/IP-based
internets. In particular, it defines objects for managing the
operation of Port Access Control, based on the specification
contained in Clause 8 and Clause 9 of the IEEE 802.1X standard. This
clause includes a MIB module that is SNMPv2 SMI compliant.
This standard defines a mechanism for Port-based network access
control that makes use of the physical access characteristics of
IEEE 802 LAN infrastructures in order to provide a means of
authenticating and authorizing devices attached to a LAN port that
has point-to-point connection characteristics, and of preventing
access to that port in cases in which the authentication and
authorization process fails.
This standard is part of a family of standards for local and
metropolitan area networks. 
This draft is written within the IEEE 802.1X working group and is
being presented to the IETF for informational purposes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bridge-8021x-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-bridge-8021x-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bridge-8021x-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.