Subject: [Bridge-mib] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bridge-ext-v2-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 07:52:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bridge MIB Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Definitions of Managed Objects for Bridges with 
                          Traffic Classes, Multicast Filtering and Virtual LAN  
                          Extensions
	Author(s)	: V. Ngai, E. Bell et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-bridge-ext-v2-01.txt
	Pages		: 88
	Date		: 2002-9-23
	
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in TCP/IP based internets.
In particular, it defines two MIB modules for managing the new
capabilities of MAC bridges defined by the IEEE 802.1D-1998 MAC
Bridges and the IEEE 802.1Q-1998 Virtual LAN (VLAN) standards for
bridging between Local Area Network (LAN) segments.  One MIB module
defines objects for managing the 'Traffic Classes' and 'Enhanced
Multicast Filtering' components of IEEE 802.1D-1998 and P802.1t-2001.
The other MIB module defines objects for managing VLANs, as specified
in IEEE 802.1Q-1998, P802.1u and P802.1v.
Provisions are made for support of transparent bridging.  Provisions
are also made so that these objects apply to bridges connected by
subnetworks other than LAN segments.  This memo also includes several
MIB modules in a manner that is compliant to the SMIv2 [V2SMI].
This memo supplements RFC 1493 [BRIDGEMIB] and (to a lesser extent)
RFC 1525 [SBRIDGEMIB].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bridge-ext-v2-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-bridge-ext-v2-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bridge-ext-v2-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.