Subject: [Bridge-mib] realities

From: "Harrington, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:50:54 -0400

Hi,

I want to discuss realities and how this WG needs to move forward.

1) The IESG and rfc-editor are overloaded.

The amount of useful work to be done in standards is huge, and we don't
want to waste anybody's time, especially the IESG's and the RFC-editor's
time. 

If we don't get reviews, then obviously the WG consensus is that
completion of these documents is not important to the industry. If it is
not important, then we will not submit it to the IESG and we can throw
the documents into the dustbin.

2) this is a volunteer organization. 

We need volunteers.

I broke up the reviewing tasks for each document to minimize the time
any individual would need to commit to completing a review. Please
contribute a little time - give us one of the reviews we need for one or
more of the documents. A little bit of volunteer work from everybody
will get this work done.

3) the economy sucks.

The economy and the job crunch has directly impacted our editing team,
making it much harder for them to take time from their day jobs to do
this work. Please help to minimize the work load on our editors. 

When you find something in a document that needs to be fixed, please
take a few extra minutes to provide proposed text, so the editors can
cut and paste your solution into place (after reviewing your proposals
of course). 

Thanks,
dbh

David Harrington            
[email-masked]
Director, Network Management Architecture
Office of the CTO, Enterasys Networks

_______________________________________________
Bridge-mib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bridge-mib