Subject: [Ietf-caldav] Calendar availability specification
From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
To: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:45:13 -0500
List-Id: Discussions on Calendar Access protocol based on WebDAV <ietf-caldav.osafoundation.org>

Hi folks,
I would like to draw your attention to:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daboo-calendar-availability-00.txt>

This draft defines a new iCalendar component whose purpose is to convey 
user availability time periods. This differs from VFREEBUSY in that the 
components can specify repeating/recurring periods. So it is useful for 
defining regular "office hours" etc.

In addition to defining the new VAVAILABILITY component and explaining how 
it affects free-busy determination, the spec also describes how CalDAV can 
use these in its own free-busy operations.

Please note that discussion of this draft should take place on the 
ietf-caldav mailing list:

<mailto:[email-masked]>

So please reply there with any comments you might have.

This specification comes from work done in the Calendaring & Scheduling 
Consortium and is being submitted to the IETF for further discussion, 
review and hopefully on to standardization. This draft does have a 
dependency on the Calsify 2445bis work (specifically IANA registration of 
the new component), so it will follow that down standardization path.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

From: Norman Walsh <[email-masked]>
To: "Zbarcea, Hadrian" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Ietf-caldav] Re: iCalendar to XML transform
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:17:39 -0500
Cc: [email-masked]

--=-=-=
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

/ "Zbarcea, Hadrian" <[email-masked]> was heard to say:
| As to the RDF point, I fully agree with you.  RDF would not really fit
| in WS scenarios, and that's how I approached the problem initially.  I
| believe WS are very valuable and they should interoperate with calendar
| servers seamlessly (for this an xml schema and a WSDL mapped CalDAV
| would be necessary).

Well, a debate about what technologies are useful to implement web
services is clearly out-of-scope here.

I've been looking at the Google calendar API and it seems fairly
interesting.

| But RDF is equally interesting and I planned to
| try a few things in the near future myself.  They don't rule each other
| out imho.

No indeed. I'd be tempted to send RDF encodings of iCal in my WS
message payload, if I could carve out time to work on such a thing.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

=2D-=20
Norman Walsh
XML Standards Architect
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

--=-=-=
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature

--=-=-=--

Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Subject: RE: [Ietf-caldav] Re: iCalendar to XML transform
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:39:18 -0500
From: "Zbarcea, Hadrian" <[email-masked]>
To: "Norman Walsh" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi,

Well that was trivial indeed :).  I am not sure how useful.  There are
many reasons and we can debate them offline.  For instance=20
"DTSTART: 19700405T020000" is now just text in xslt and date functions
cannot be applied.  I believe one would be severely limited in the kind
of xslt transforms she could write.

As to the RDF point, I fully agree with you.  RDF would not really fit
in WS scenarios, and that's how I approached the problem initially.  I
believe WS are very valuable and they should interoperate with calendar
servers seamlessly (for this an xml schema and a WSDL mapped CalDAV
would be necessary).  But RDF is equally interesting and I planned to
try a few things in the near future myself.  They don't rule each other
out imho.

Interesting discussion. I'd like to keep it going :)
Hadrian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Norman Walsh [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 7:48 AM
> To: Zbarcea, Hadrian
> Cc: Kervin L. Pierre; Tim Hare; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Ietf-caldav] Re: iCalendar to XML transform
>=20
> / "Zbarcea, Hadrian" <[email-masked]> was heard to say:
> | The problem imho is that there is no such thing as trivial XML.
>=20
> Well, it sounded to me like parsing the text was a problem Tim had
solved,
> his question was how to get it into XSLT. For that, XML can indeed be
> trivial:
>=20
> <doc xml:space=3D"preserve">
> BEGIN:VCALENDAR
> BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
> TZID:/softwarestudio.org/Olson_20011030_5/America/Los_Angeles
> BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
> DTSTART:19700405T020000
> RRULE:FREQ=3DYEARLY;BYDAY=3D1SU;BYMONTH=3D4
> ...
> </doc>
>=20
> | Royer is not active anymore in these communities as it seems.  And
that
> | was a DTD not an XML schema anyway.  RDF is a tricky way to go.
>=20
> Yeah, but this is the sort of application where RDF might be the right
> answer. It's syntactic structure is fairly shallow, it's semantics are
> fairly concise (by which I mean, there are semantic constraints like
> start times precede end times, etc.), it's an open format, and one of
> the most useful things to do with your calendar data is combine it
> with the calendar data of others. RDF is good at those things.
>=20
>                                         Be seeing you,
>                                           norm
>=20
> --
> Norman Walsh
> XML Standards Architect
> Sun Microsystems, Inc.

From: Norman Walsh <[email-masked]>
To: "Zbarcea, Hadrian" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Ietf-caldav] Re: iCalendar to XML transform
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 07:48:09 -0500
Cc: [email-masked]

--=-=-=
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

/ "Zbarcea, Hadrian" <[email-masked]> was heard to say:
| The problem imho is that there is no such thing as trivial XML.

Well, it sounded to me like parsing the text was a problem Tim had solved,
his question was how to get it into XSLT. For that, XML can indeed be
trivial:

<doc xml:space=3D"preserve">
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:/softwarestudio.org/Olson_20011030_5/America/Los_Angeles
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:19700405T020000
RRULE:FREQ=3DYEARLY;BYDAY=3D1SU;BYMONTH=3D4
...
</doc>

| Royer is not active anymore in these communities as it seems.  And that
| was a DTD not an XML schema anyway.  RDF is a tricky way to go.

Yeah, but this is the sort of application where RDF might be the right
answer. It's syntactic structure is fairly shallow, it's semantics are
fairly concise (by which I mean, there are semantic constraints like
start times precede end times, etc.), it's an open format, and one of
the most useful things to do with your calendar data is combine it
with the calendar data of others. RDF is good at those things.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

=2D-=20
Norman Walsh
XML Standards Architect
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

--=-=-=
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature

--=-=-=--

Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:03:32 -0800 (PST)
From: "Kervin L. Pierre" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [Ietf-caldav] Re: iCalendar to XML transform
To: "Zbarcea, Hadrian" <[email-masked]>, Norman Walsh <[email-masked]>, Tim Hare <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Hello,

--- "Zbarcea, Hadrian" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> To make a long story short I do have an xml schema
> that maps iCal to XML
> and started to work on a parser that reads iCal and
> emits SAX/StAX.

I did one too, a while back, though mine was
a trivial DTD->Schema conversion.  I would
love to see the schema you came up with.

> submit it again.  I consider it near complete, it is
> my work, but it's
> public domain, no strings attached.  If anybody is
> interesting in
> helping me with the parsing/web services stuff
> that'd be great.

I'd be interested in supporting it in
my applications if it gains some
support.

What might be needed right now is a
'grass-roots' effort to get a grammer
off the ground and hopefully standardised
at some point when there has been
enough interest raised.  Maybe get a
website up, some documentation, and a
few projects supporting it as an alternate
calendar representation.  I can help with
some of that if needed.

> Adapting existing parsers to produce valid xml
> according to this schema
> would work too.
> 

I'd love to help with an implementation
but it would probably be a Win32
libical modification at this point due
to my resource constraints.

Best regards,
Kervin

> Regards,
> Hadrian
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:ietf-caldav-
> > [email-masked]] On Behalf Of Kervin L.
> Pierre
> > Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 11:53 AM
> > To: Norman Walsh; Tim Hare
> > Cc: [email-masked]
> > Subject: Re: [Ietf-caldav] Re: iCalendar to XML
> transform
> > 
> > 
> > --- Norman Walsh <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > > function that could load the file. An easier
> > > solution might be to write
> > > a simple pre-processor in your favorite
> scripting
> > > language to turn the
> > > .iCal into trivial XML. You could just wrap the
> > 
> > I agree.  And as more and more people are going
> > to be doing this to leverage the tons of XML
> > code/apps/technologies out there standardising
> > this iCalendar grammer will become increasingly
> > important.
> > 
> > Does this relate to...
> >
>
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-hare-xcalendar/
> > in anyway?
> > 
> > Is anything happening with xCal?
> >
>
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-royer-calsch-xcal-03
> > 
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/NOTE-rdfcal-20050929/ ?
> > 
> > Would be nice if one of those grammers gained some
> > some momentum... :)
> > 
> > Best regards,
> > Kervin
> > _______________________________________________
> > Ietf-caldav mailing list --
> [email-masked]
> > See http://ietf.webdav.org/caldav/ for more CalDAV
> resources
> >
>
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-caldav
> 

Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Subject: RE: [Ietf-caldav] Re: iCalendar to XML transform
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 20:41:08 -0500
From: "Zbarcea, Hadrian" <[email-masked]>
To: "Kervin L. Pierre" <[email-masked]>, "Norman Walsh" <[email-masked]>, "Tim Hare" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi,

I think what you are trying to do is great.  I would dare suggest a
slightly different approach.  I talked to Brian Mosley and Ted Leung a
month or so back but didn't have the time to follow up.

The problem imho is that there is no such thing as trivial XML.  To be
really useful and interoperable the semantics needs to be expressed via
an xml schema.  Unfortunately xCal does not seem to go anywhere, Doug
Royer is not active anymore in these communities as it seems.  And that
was a DTD not an XML schema anyway.  RDF is a tricky way to go.

I went the same path more than a year ago.  I approached the whole thing
from the web services perspective.  Web Services are defined by WSDL,
which mandates schema.  I worked with a project that became apache CXF
and would like to support an xml based programming model but use CalDAV
on the wire (it may not be obvious what I mean, but it's quite simple).
To make a long story short I do have an xml schema that maps iCal to XML
and started to work on a parser that reads iCal and emits SAX/StAX.
It's a java implementation, but antlr supports other languages too.

I won't attach the schema (again), but please let me know and I will
submit it again.  I consider it near complete, it is my work, but it's
public domain, no strings attached.  If anybody is interesting in
helping me with the parsing/web services stuff that'd be great.
Adapting existing parsers to produce valid xml according to this schema
would work too.

Regards,
Hadrian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:ietf-caldav-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of Kervin L. Pierre
> Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 11:53 AM
> To: Norman Walsh; Tim Hare
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Ietf-caldav] Re: iCalendar to XML transform
>=20
>=20
> --- Norman Walsh <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > function that could load the file. An easier
> > solution might be to write
> > a simple pre-processor in your favorite scripting
> > language to turn the
> > .iCal into trivial XML. You could just wrap the
>=20
> I agree.  And as more and more people are going
> to be doing this to leverage the tons of XML
> code/apps/technologies out there standardising
> this iCalendar grammer will become increasingly
> important.
>=20
> Does this relate to...
> http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-hare-xcalendar/
> in anyway?
>=20
> Is anything happening with xCal?
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-royer-calsch-xcal-03
>=20
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/NOTE-rdfcal-20050929/ ?
>=20
> Would be nice if one of those grammers gained some
> some momentum... :)
>=20
> Best regards,
> Kervin
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf-caldav mailing list -- [email-masked]
> See http://ietf.webdav.org/caldav/ for more CalDAV resources
> http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-caldav

Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 08:53:13 -0800 (PST)
From: "Kervin L. Pierre" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Ietf-caldav] Re: iCalendar to XML transform
To: Norman Walsh <[email-masked]>, Tim Hare <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

--- Norman Walsh <[email-masked]> wrote:
> function that could load the file. An easier
> solution might be to write
> a simple pre-processor in your favorite scripting
> language to turn the
> .iCal into trivial XML. You could just wrap the

I agree.  And as more and more people are going
to be doing this to leverage the tons of XML
code/apps/technologies out there standardising
this iCalendar grammer will become increasingly
important.

Does this relate to...
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-hare-xcalendar/
in anyway?

Is anything happening with xCal?
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-royer-calsch-xcal-03

http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/NOTE-rdfcal-20050929/ ?

Would be nice if one of those grammers gained some
some momentum... :)

Best regards,
Kervin

From: "Tim Hare" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Dan Connolly'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:02:13 -0500
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: [Ietf-caldav] RE: iCalendar to XML transform

Simple: I have XT at home, I don't have Python; and I wanted to see if I
could do it purely in XSLT. I've done XML-to-iCal in XSLT so this seemed
like a logical challenge. Professionally, I'm a mainframe jock, so you're
lucky I didn't just write it in COBOL <grin> - the new variants contain XML
input and output capabilities - parsing, not validating. 

Tim Hare
Interested Bystander, Non-Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dan Connolly
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 9:55 AM
To: Tim Hare
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: iCalendar to XML transform

On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 21:11 -0500, Tim Hare wrote:
> I've worked out an XSL transform which I believe will convert any 
> iCalendar file to an XML document that has a node for each component 
> and property in the input file, with attributes on component elements 
> which are the parameters on the properites input.
> 
> One issue, remains, however: the only way I could find to bring in the 
> iCalendar file was as a defined SYSTEM entity in the XSL stylesheet
itself.

What prompted you to try using XSLT for parsing .ics files?

My approach to reading iCalendar has been to use python and build
JSON-shaped structures, and then convert to various XML formats using Kid
templates.
http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/icslex.py
http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/icsxml.py

Hmm... not much documentation in those modules. I wrote an couple items on a
similar exercise involving quicken data...
Getting my Personal Finance data back with hCalendar and hCard Submitted by
connolly on Wed, 2006-03-08
http://dig.csail.mit.edu/breadcrumbs/node/96
using JSON and templates to produce microformat data Submitted by connolly
on Sun, 2006-03-19
http://dig.csail.mit.edu/breadcrumbs/node/99

--
Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E

From: Dan Connolly <[email-masked]>
To: Tim Hare <[email-masked]>
Organization: World Wide Web Consortium (http://www.w3.org/)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 08:55:09 -0600
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: [Ietf-caldav] Re: iCalendar to XML transform

On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 21:11 -0500, Tim Hare wrote:
> I've worked out an XSL transform which I believe will convert any iCalendar
> file to an XML document that has a node for each component and property in
> the input file, with attributes on component elements which are the
> parameters on the properites input.
> 
> One issue, remains, however: the only way I could find to bring in the
> iCalendar file was as a defined SYSTEM entity in the XSL stylesheet itself.

What prompted you to try using XSLT for parsing .ics files?

My approach to reading iCalendar has been to use python and build
JSON-shaped structures, and then convert to various XML formats
using Kid templates.
http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/icslex.py
http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/icsxml.py

Hmm... not much documentation in those modules. I wrote
an couple items on a similar exercise involving quicken data...
Getting my Personal Finance data back with hCalendar and hCard
Submitted by connolly on Wed, 2006-03-08
http://dig.csail.mit.edu/breadcrumbs/node/96
using JSON and templates to produce microformat data
Submitted by connolly on Sun, 2006-03-19
http://dig.csail.mit.edu/breadcrumbs/node/99

-- 
Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E

From: Norman Walsh <[email-masked]>
To: "Tim Hare" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 07:57:27 -0500
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: [Ietf-caldav] Re: iCalendar to XML transform

--=-=-=
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

/ "Tim Hare" <[email-masked]> was heard to say:
| One issue, remains, however: the only way I could find to bring in the
| iCalendar file was as a defined SYSTEM entity in the XSL stylesheet itsel=
f.

Right. The iCal format is text, not XML. XSLT 2.0 has an "unparsed-text()"
function that could load the file. An easier solution might be to write
a simple pre-processor in your favorite scripting language to turn the
.iCal into trivial XML. You could just wrap the whole document in a tag
or you could try to be more clever.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

=2D-=20
Norman Walsh
XML Standards Architect
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

--=-=-=
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature

--=-=-=--

From: "Tim Hare" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 21:11:08 -0500
Subject: [Ietf-caldav] iCalendar to XML transform

I've worked out an XSL transform which I believe will convert any iCalendar
file to an XML document that has a node for each component and property in
the input file, with attributes on component elements which are the
parameters on the properites input.

One issue, remains, however: the only way I could find to bring in the
iCalendar file was as a defined SYSTEM entity in the XSL stylesheet itself.
It's not, as near as I can tell in testing, possible to use it as the
original document, or to use the document() function because that causes
whitespace to be stripped, including the CR-LF sequence needed to determine
the end of an iCalendar property line.

If anyone has insight into how to process a text file as input in this kind
of process, please let me know. I am willing to share the stylesheet if you
like. I'm sure there are issues possibly remaining regarding quoted or
escaped characters and the like.

Tim Hare
Interested Bystander, Non-Inc.

To: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>, Cosmo Dev Mailing List <[email-masked]>
From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 10:29:05 -0800
Subject: [Ietf-caldav] Fwd: RFC 4709 on Mounting Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) Servers

--Apple-Mail-11--498647607
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset=US-ASCII;
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

FYI -- this could be used to describe how to mount a CalDAV share, as  
well as a general WebDAV share.  Think of it as a way of providing  
metadata that can't normally go on a link, about how to use that link.

Lisa

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: October 25, 2006 7:11:13 PM PDT
> To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: RFC 4709 on Mounting Web Distributed Authoring and  
> Versioning (WebDAV) Servers
>
>
> A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.
>
>
>         RFC 4709
>
>         Title:      Mounting Web Distributed Authoring and
>                     Versioning (WebDAV) Servers
>         Author:     J. Reschke
>         Status:     Informational
>         Date:       October 2006
>         Mailbox:    [email-masked]
>         Pages:      15
>         Characters: 23672
>         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None
>
>         I-D Tag:    draft-reschke-webdav-mount-05.txt
>
>         URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4709.txt
>
> In current Web browsers, there is no uniform way to specify that a
> user clicking on a link will be presented with an editable view of a
> Web Distinguished Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) server.  For
> example, it is frequently desirable to be able to click on a link and
> have this link open a window that can handle drag-and-drop
> interaction with the resources of a WebDAV server.
>
> This document specifies a mechanism and a document format that
> enables WebDAV servers to send "mounting" information to a WebDAV
> client.  The mechanism is designed to work on any platform and with
> any combination of browser and WebDAV client, relying solely on the
> well-understood dispatch of documents through their MIME type.   
> This memo
> provides information for the Internet community.
>
>
> INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet  
> community.
> It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
> of this memo is unlimited.
>
> This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
> Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
> should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
> added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
> be sent to [email-masked].
>
> Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
> an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body
>
> help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:
>
>         To: [email-masked]
>         Subject: getting rfcs
>
>         help: ways_to_get_rfcs
>
> Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
> author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].   
> Unless
> specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
> unlimited distribution.
>
> Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
> [email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions  
> to RFC
> Authors, for further information.
>
>
> Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
> USC/Information Sciences Institute
>
> ...
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> IETF-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

--Apple-Mail-11--498647607
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset=ISO-8859-1

<HTML><BODY style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -khtml-nbsp-mode: space; =
-khtml-line-break: after-white-space; ">FYI -- this could be used to =
describe how to mount a CalDAV share, as well as a general WebDAV =
share.=A0 Think of it as a way of providing metadata that can't normally =
go on a link, about how to use that link.<DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Lisa<BR><DIV><BR><DIV>Begin =
forwarded message:</DIV><BR =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite"><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; "><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" color=3D"#000000" =
style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #000000"><B>From: =
</B></FONT><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px =
Helvetica"><A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A></F=
ONT></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" =
size=3D"3" color=3D"#000000" style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: =
#000000"><B>Date: </B></FONT><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" =
style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica">October 25, 2006 7:11:13 PM =
PDT</FONT></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" =
size=3D"3" color=3D"#000000" style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: =
#000000"><B>To: </B></FONT><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" =
style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica"><A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>, <A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A></FONT>=
</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: =
0px; margin-left: 0px; "><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" =
color=3D"#000000" style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: =
#000000"><B>Cc: </B></FONT><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" =
style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica"><A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A></F=
ONT></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" =
size=3D"3" color=3D"#000000" style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: =
#000000"><B>Subject: </B></FONT><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" =
style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica"><B>RFC 4709 on Mounting Web Distributed =
Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) Servers</B></FONT></DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV> <DIV style=3D"margin-top:=
 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; =
min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">A new Request =
for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.</DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; =
min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 </SPAN>RFC =
4709</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; "><SPAN class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
</SPAN>Title:<SPAN class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =A0 =
</SPAN>Mounting Web Distributed Authoring and<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
</SPAN>Versioning (WebDAV) Servers<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 </SPAN>Author: <SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 </SPAN>J. Reschke</DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; "><SPAN class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
</SPAN>Status: <SPAN class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =
</SPAN>Informational</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: =
0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 </SPAN>Date: <SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =A0 </SPAN>October =
2006</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 </SPAN>Mailbox:<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 </SPAN><A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]<=
/A></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 </SPAN>Pages:<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =A0 </SPAN>15</DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; "><SPAN class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
</SPAN>Characters: 23672</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
</SPAN>Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: <SPAN class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0=
 </SPAN>None</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; "><SPAN class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
</SPAN>I-D Tag:<SPAN class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =
</SPAN>draft-reschke-webdav-mount-05.txt</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; =
min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 </SPAN>URL:<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 </SPAN><A =
href=3D"http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4709.txt">http://www.rfc-editor.o=
rg/rfc/rfc4709.txt</A></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: =
0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; min-height: 14px; =
"><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">In current Web browsers, there =
is no uniform way to specify that a</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">user clicking =
on a link will be presented with an editable view of a</DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; ">Web Distinguished Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) =
server.<SPAN class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 </SPAN>For</DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; ">example, it is frequently desirable to be able to =
click on a link and</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: =
0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">have this link open a =
window that can handle drag-and-drop</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">interaction =
with the resources of a WebDAV server.</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; =
min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">This document =
specifies a mechanism and a document format that</DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; ">enables WebDAV servers to send "mounting" =
information to a WebDAV</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">client.<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 </SPAN>The mechanism is designed to =
work on any platform and with</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">any =
combination of browser and WebDAV client, relying solely on =
the</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">well-understood dispatch of =
documents through their MIME type.<SPAN class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0=
 </SPAN>This memo<SPAN class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DI=
V style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; ">provides information for the Internet =
community.</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; =
">INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet =
community.<SPAN class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; ">It does not specify an Internet standard of any =
kind. Distribution</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: =
0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">of this memo is =
unlimited.</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; ">This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the =
RFC-DIST list.</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">Requests to be added to or =
deleted from the IETF distribution list</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">should =
be sent to <A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>.<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 </SPAN>Requests to be</DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; ">added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution =
list should</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">be sent to <A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">RFC-DIST-REQUEST@RFC-EDITO=
R.ORG</A>.</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; ">Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be =
obtained by sending</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: =
0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">an EMAIL message to <A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> with =
the message body<SPAN class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV=
 style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">help: =
ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; min-height: =
14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 </SPAN>To: <A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A></DIV><=
DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; "><SPAN class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
</SPAN>Subject: getting rfcs</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; min-height: =
14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 </SPAN>help: =
ways_to_get_rfcs</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; ">Requests for special distribution should be =
addressed to either the</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">author of the =
RFC in question, or to <A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>.=
<SPAN class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 </SPAN>Unless</DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; ">specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all =
RFCs are for</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">unlimited =
distribution.</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; ">Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent =
to</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: =
0px; margin-left: 0px; "><A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>.<S=
PAN class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 </SPAN>Please consult RFC 2223, =
Instructions to RFC</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: =
0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">Authors, for further =
information.</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">Joyce K. =
Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; =
">USC/Information Sciences Institute</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; min-height: =
14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">...</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top:=
 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; =
min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; min-height: =
14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; =
">_______________________________________________</DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; ">IETF-Announce mailing list</DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; "><A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A></DIV><DI=
V style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; "><A =
href=3D"https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce">https://www1=
.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce</A></DIV> =
</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>=

--Apple-Mail-11--498647607--