Subject: Re: IANA considerations, was: [Ietf-caldav] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-03.txt]
From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
To: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>, Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
Cc: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:09:55 -0700
List-Id: Discussions on Calendar Access protocol based on WebDAV <ietf-caldav.osafoundation.org>

Hi Julian,

--On January 30, 2007 8:41:59 PM +0100 Julian Reschke 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> the spec needs to register the HTTP headers (see
> <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3864>).

Thanks, I think we had that on our own TODO list. I will try and get it in 
for -04.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 20:41:59 +0100
From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
To: Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
Subject: IANA considerations, was: [Ietf-caldav] [Fwd: I-D	ACTION:draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-03.txt]
Cc: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>

Hi,

the spec needs to register the HTTP headers (see 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3864>).

Best regards, Julian

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:00:36 -0700
From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
To: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>, Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Refernces, was: [Ietf-caldav] [Fwd:	I-D	ACTION:draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-03.txt]
Cc: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>

Hi Julian,

--On January 30, 2007 1:59:44 PM +0100 Julian Reschke 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>>    [RFC2396]               Berners-Lee, T., Fielding, R., and L.
>>                            Masinter, "Uniform Resource Identifiers
>>                            (URI): Generic Syntax", RFC 2396,
>>                            August 1998.
>
> This has long ago been obsoleted by RFC3986...

Thanks I have fixed this for the next draft.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:30:40 -0700
From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
To: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>, Tim Hare <[email-masked]>, Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Refernces, was: [Ietf-caldav] [Fwd:	I-D	ACTION:draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-03.txt]
Cc: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>

Hi Julian,

--On January 30, 2007 1:59:44 PM +0100 Julian Reschke 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hmmm...
>
>>    o  MUST support transport over TLS [RFC2246] as defined in [RFC2818]
>>       (note that [RFC2246] has been obsoleted by [RFC4346]);
>
> So does a server need to implement RFC2246 or RFC4346? Does it matter?

Hi Tim,

--On January 30, 2007 12:10:35 PM -0500 Tim Hare <[email-masked]> 
wrote:

> Tongue-in-cheek, but only halfway:  seems like we need an RFC that
> specifies a protocol whereby RFCs can refer to related topics by name,
> rather than number (sort of a DNS for RFCs).  With caveats, of course,
> because my RFC written today may not be compatible with whatever the new
> version of [SomeProtocol] may be although we could and should always hope
> that the authors of [SomeProtocolRevisionTwo] provide backward
> compatibility.

Actually this is an important issue. In fact Chris Newman posted a message 
on this specific topic to the IETF apps area mailing list to solicit 
discussion there. I suggest moving this thread over there.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

From: "Tim Hare" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Julian Reschke'" <[email-masked]>, "'Bernard Desruisseaux'" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Refernces, was: [Ietf-caldav] [Fwd:I-D	ACTION:draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-03.txt]
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:10:35 -0500
Cc: 'CalDAV DevList' <[email-masked]>

Tongue-in-cheek, but only halfway:  seems like we need an RFC that specifies
a protocol whereby RFCs can refer to related topics by name, rather than
number (sort of a DNS for RFCs).  With caveats, of course, because my RFC
written today may not be compatible with whatever the new version of
[SomeProtocol] may be although we could and should always hope that the
authors of [SomeProtocolRevisionTwo] provide backward compatibility. 

Tim Hare
Interested Bystander, Non-Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Julian Reschke
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 8:00 AM
To: Bernard Desruisseaux
Cc: CalDAV DevList
Subject: Refernces, was: [Ietf-caldav] [Fwd:I-D
ACTION:draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-03.txt]

Hmmm...

>    o  MUST support transport over TLS [RFC2246] as defined in [RFC2818]
>       (note that [RFC2246] has been obsoleted by [RFC4346]);

So does a server need to implement RFC2246 or RFC4346? Does it matter?

>    [RFC2396]               Berners-Lee, T., Fielding, R., and L.
>                            Masinter, "Uniform Resource Identifiers
>                            (URI): Generic Syntax", RFC 2396,
>                            August 1998.

This has long ago been obsoleted by RFC3986...

Best regards, Julian

_______________________________________________
Ietf-caldav mailing list -- [email-masked] See
http://ietf.webdav.org/caldav/ for more CalDAV resources
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-caldav

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:59:44 +0100
From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
To: Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
Subject: Refernces, was: [Ietf-caldav] [Fwd: I-D	ACTION:draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-03.txt]
Cc: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>

Hmmm...

>    o  MUST support transport over TLS [RFC2246] as defined in [RFC2818]
>       (note that [RFC2246] has been obsoleted by [RFC4346]);

So does a server need to implement RFC2246 or RFC4346? Does it matter?

>    [RFC2396]               Berners-Lee, T., Fielding, R., and L.
>                            Masinter, "Uniform Resource Identifiers
>                            (URI): Generic Syntax", RFC 2396,
>                            August 1998.

This has long ago been obsoleted by RFC3986...

Best regards, Julian

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:11:26 +0100
From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
To: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Ietf-caldav] [Fwd: Last Call: draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis (HTTP Extensions for Distributed Authoring - WebDAV) to Proposed Standard]
Cc: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>

Cyrus Daboo schrieb:
>> Will the problem with respect to applying the collation definitions to a
>> protocol based in terms of Unicode characters (see
>> <http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-caldav/2006-December/00095
>> 2.html>) be addressed in the published spec?
> 
> Sorry we did not add any addition text for this, and the final edits are 
> now done. I will make a note that this needs to be addressed in some 
> future revision of the spec, but frankly by then I expect some "proper" 
> unicode collators to be available and we would then likely mandate at 
> least one of them be supported in CalDAV.

Ack. Put into as #1 on the errata list :-)

Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:19:36 -0500
From: Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
To: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Ietf-caldav] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-03.txt]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------090802020608080702010200
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

A.1.  Changes in -03

    a.  Added free-busy example.
    b.  Better abstract.
    c.  Requiring DAV level 2 for locking of Inbox.
    d.  Do not require servers to actually save Outbox requests.
    e.  Removed CALDAV:schedule-state Property.  Clients now must remove
        inbox items after processing them, using locking etc to prevent
        race conditions.
    f.  Switched back to 2518 reference from 2518bis.
    g.  Updated to more recent XML reference.
    h.  Revised required features section to better match caldav-access.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-03.txt
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:50:02 -0500
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Scheduling Extensions to CalDAV
	Author(s)	: B. Desruisseaux, et al.
	Filename	: draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-03.txt
	Pages		: 43
	Date		: 2007-1-29
	
This document defines extensions to the Web Distributed Authoring and
    Versioning (WebDAV) protocol to specify a standard way of exchanging
    and processing scheduling messages based on the iCalendar Transport-
    Independent Interoperability Protocol (iTIP).  This document defines
    the "calendar-schedule" feature of CalDAV.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--------------090802020608080702010200
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-03.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-03.txt"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--------------090802020608080702010200
Content-Type: text/plain;
	name*0="file:///C|/DOCUME%7E1/BDESRUIS/LOCALS%7E1/TEMP/nsmail.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename*0="file:///C|/DOCUME%7E1/BDESRUIS/LOCALS%7E1/TEMP/nsmail.txt"

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

--------------090802020608080702010200--

Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:58:58 -0700
From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
To: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>, CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Ietf-caldav] [Fwd: Last Call: draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis (HTTP Extensions for Distributed Authoring - WebDAV) to Proposed Standard]

Hi Julian,

--On January 27, 2007 12:24:47 PM +0100 Julian Reschke 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> I note that Caldav now is in the AUTH48 state.
>
> Will the problem with respect to applying the collation definitions to a
> protocol based in terms of Unicode characters (see
> <http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-caldav/2006-December/00095
> 2.html>) be addressed in the published spec?

Sorry we did not add any addition text for this, and the final edits are 
now done. I will make a note that this needs to be addressed in some future 
revision of the spec, but frankly by then I expect some "proper" unicode 
collators to be available and we would then likely mandate at least one of 
them be supported in CalDAV.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 12:24:47 +0100
From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
To: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Ietf-caldav] [Fwd: Last Call: draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis (HTTP Extensions for Distributed Authoring - WebDAV) to Proposed Standard]

Bernard Desruisseaux schrieb:
> FYI

I note that Caldav now is in the AUTH48 state.

Will the problem with respect to applying the collation definitions to a 
protocol based in terms of Unicode characters (see 
<http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-caldav/2006-December/000952.html>) 
be addressed in the published spec?

Best regards, Julian

Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 08:58:06 -0500
From: Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
To: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Ietf-caldav] [Fwd: Last Call: draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis (HTTP Extensions for Distributed Authoring - WebDAV) to Proposed Standard]

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Last Call: draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis (HTTP Extensions for  Distributed Authoring - WebDAV) to Proposed Standard
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 13:55:05 -0500
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked]

The IESG has received a request from the WWW Distributed Authoring and
Versioning WG (webdav) to consider the following document:

- 'HTTP Extensions for Distributed Authoring - WebDAV '
    <draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-17.txt> as a Proposed Standard

While the WEBDAV working group was originally chartered to produce a
draft standard update to RFC 2518, this documented is being targeted
as a replacement Proposed Standard because of a number of substantive
changes to the original semantics.  These are summarized in Appendix
F, but a full review of the document is required to see the entire scope.
Because of the low level of energy in the group, the IESG does not
anticipate receiving a Draft Standard candidate from the group as a
successor to this document.  A key question for reviewers is whether
this document is substantially better than RFC 2518 and should
replace it.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2007-01-21. Exceptionally,
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-17.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=8360&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce