Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-calsch-icalfpi-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 07:41:46 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Calendaring and
Scheduling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: iCalendar v2.0 Formal Public Identifier
	Author(s)	: F. Dawson, P. Hoffman 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-calsch-icalfpi-01.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 11-Apr-99
	
The IETF has defined a standard format for exchanging calendaring and
scheduling data, called iCalendar. This format is useful for exchange
of personal calendar data across the Internet, as well as in non-
Internet environments.
 
In a number of environments where the iCalendar will be used, the
format type and version needs to be identified. For example, when
registering the iCalendar as a format for memory-based 'clipboard' or
'drag/drop' user interface interactions. For these cases, a
definitive formal public identifier (FPI) for the iCalendar will be
required. This memo defined the FPI to be used when referring to the
version 2.0 (the value in the 'VERSION' property) of the iCalendar
format.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-calsch-icalfpi-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-calsch-icalfpi-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-calsch-icalfpi-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.