Subject: Error in rfc2445

From: Mark Swanson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 01:12:33 -0400

Hello,

I've found an error in the spec that would cause people to develop
incompatible implementations. Check out 4.2.8 - Format Type. iana-token
and x-name are both inadequate to hold "application/binary" because of
the "/" character. MIME types are not possible here.

I don't know where to go from here so I'll leave it in the capable hands
of the people on this mailing list.

Cheers.

--
-----------------------------------------------
If DOS means "Denial Of Service" what's MS-DOS?
             And why should I tell it to "win"?

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 19:46:37 -0700 (PDT)

> Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 01:12:33 -0400
> From: Mark Swanson <[email-masked]>
> 
> Hello,
> 

Yep - x-name and iana-token should also allow "/".	

Frank - this needs to be added to the list?

-Doug
-------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]		http://playground.sun.com/~dougr
Pager:				[email-masked]
801 W. El Camino #131		Work:   (650)786-7599
Mountain View, CA 94040		Ham Radio: N6AAW, Aviation: PP-ASEL