Subject: PROPOSAL: Anonymous user defined in CAP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 14:28:57 -0400

People.

A possibility for the CAP standard is to define anonymous 
access such that all implementation have a standard way 
of dealing with anonymous access. 

This could for instance, define in a standard way,
define access to freebusy time information,

People could even grant rights to anonymous users 
to view the content of my calendar.

My proposal is to define in CAP how anoymous user
must be handled.

I'm looking forward to the group's response.

Andre Courtemanche
CS&T

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 19:13:32 +0000

> of dealing with anonymous access.

I like this idea.  It can be made simple, and optional, and it'd be
really useful for public calendars such as lists of concerts and
what-not.

--
/=============================================================\
|John Stracke    | My opinions are my own | S/MIME & HTML OK  |
[email-masked]|============================================|
|Chief Scientist | NT's lack of reliability is only surpassed |
|eCal Corp.      |  by its lack of scalability. -- John Kirch |
\=============================================================/