Subject: Re: Atlanta Minutes - Comments

From: Frank_Dawson/CAM/[email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 13:03:52 -0400

The minutes have a URL to Pat's website and some diagrams. One of the diagrams
depicts a system model that shows an inbox and outbox inside of the Calendaring
System. This is very confusing. It is not a conceptual diagram but rather a
diagram of one possible implementation.

I don't think anyone is actually proposing some new "conceptual" component in
the model where there is an "inbox" or "outbox".

If CAP is used to push an iTIP method to a calendar (e.g., a VEVENT REQUEST),
then given sufficient calendar access rights, the event will be put on the
target calendar; as a meeting invitation. That is, an event is created with the
ATTENDEE participation status parameter value of NEEDS-ACTION. I suppose some
implementation may choose to identify all "new" calendar entries by some
mechanism to facilitate CUAs search for "new invitations". But this doesn't
necessarily mean we have an "inbox" or "outbox" in the CS model.

FWIW...

-- Frank

---

From: Alexander Taler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 13:52:14 -0400

> the model where there is an "inbox" or "outbox".

Just for the record, I am.  Details in the thread "How to 
use CAP for scheduling events."  I don't think that 
reasonable support can be provided without one.

Alex