Subject: Rollup of calendar content

From: Frank Dawson/CAM/Lotus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 14:23:53 GMT

The concept of calendar content rollup is very complicated. Given the time
frame for completing this phase of our CAP work, I would like to propose
that:

Version 1 of CAP has no support for calendar content roll-up.

That is, hierarchical calendars is a term used to describe the parent,
sibling and child relationship between different calendars on a CS. It has
an additional implication on the calendars that are searched to find the
computed value set for the VCAR for a given authenticated user (i.e., go to
the calendar in question, search its VCAR, then traverse up the tree to the
root to accumulate the computed value set for the calendar access rights
for a given authenticated user). However, hierarchical calendars should not
have an "content inheritance" implications or content rollup implications
for CAP version 1.

-- Frank

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Mansour)
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 08:18:30 -0700

I agree with Frank's proposal.

Another way of saying this is that when we query for calendar components, we
must specify precisely the Relative CalUID(s) on which the query will be
performed. The query will apply only to the Relative CalUIDs supplied, not to
any of their children.

On a related topic, I have been working on the assumption that from CAP's point
of view, in order to invite or book a person to an event or to-do the same
approach is followed. That is, we specify precisely the Relative CalUID(s) on
which the iCal components are to be stored.

I bring this up because there have been several discussions about having a CAP
server store all incoming requests/bookings in a special place associated with
a user, not with a calendar.

-Steve