Subject: RE: Component tombstones. Your feedback needed.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 19:45:06 -0400

Well, that also brings up the point: Should 
components could be reanimated by changing 
the status by removing the tombstone ?

My opinion is, no, under no circumstances should 
a component be "reanimated", by removing the 
tombstone, although it is real tempting to use 
it for "Undelete" capability.

Why ?

Complexities are far reaching.

Andre

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Taler [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, June 21, 1999 5:20 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Component tombstones. Your feedback needed.

It also seems that the tombstone property would have to be 
distinct from the "STATUS" property, since you want to 
know that the tombstoned meeting was cancelled, in case 
someone tries to reanimate it.

Alex

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Mansour)
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:13:45 -0700

hmmm... iTIP made no statement about what happens to the UID of an event
after it is cancelled. That is, there's nothing in iTIP that prohibits
the following:

     Suppose I create an event and invite a bunch of attendees with
     iMIP request (UID:123, SEQUENCE:0). Then later, I cancel event
     with uid 123,  I send around a bunch of iTIP cancel messages
     to the attendees (UID:123, SEQUENCE:1). Then a little later I
     decide the meeting is back on, so I send out a request to all
     the attendees (UID:123, SEQUENCE:2).

Does this seem OK?  It seems like it should work.

-Steve

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 13:35:15 +0000

> Complexities are far reaching.

Such as?

--
/=============================================================\
|John Stracke    | My opinions are my own | S/MIME & HTML OK  |
[email-masked]|============================================|
|Chief Scientist | NT's lack of reliability is only surpassed |
|eCal Corp.      |  by its lack of scalability. -- John Kirch |
\=============================================================/