Subject: PROPOSAL: Tombstone property

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 21:22:10 -0400

My proposal: A new property, Read only, set by the 
server as the date/time when the calendar component
is deleted.

Andre Courtemanche
CS&T.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, June 21, 1999 9:12 PM
To: Frank_Dawson/CAM/[email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Component tombstones. Your feedback needed.

Frank_Dawson/CAM/[email-masked] wrote:

> Alex:
>
> Right on! The "tombstone" characteristic needs to be captured separate
from the
> STATUS component property.

Any suggestions on where to capture the "tombstone" information?  A new
property?

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Mansour)
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 18:57:24 -0700

> server as the date/time when the calendar component

I'm confused. We may be using different terminology. When I think of
"delete" on a component, I think of it as being completely removed from the
store. When I think of a "tombstone", I think of something in the store as a
place holder, marking the component's existence and that it was canceled.

Assuming that by "delete" you mean "make it a tombstone"...  If we make a
tombstone property a read-only property, how will we handle the case where
after having cancelled the component, the Organizer reissues another request
with the same UID and a newer SEQUENCE number?  That's the scenario where
you want to change the TOMBSTONE property from some valid datetime to null
or not-specified or something.

-Steve