Subject: LDAP schema for storing iCalendar objects?

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:43:12 -0700

Is there a standard (or proposal for a standard) LDAP schema extension for
storing iCalendar objects in LDAP servers?

(Sorry if this is a FAQ)

	Ross.

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:59:23 -0700 (PDT)

> Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:43:12 -0700
> From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
>

The soon to be published CAP draft-00 will have a skeleton sql schema.

The iCalendar object model is a bit complicated for large scale
distribution via LDAP. I think you would run into problems.

-Doug
-------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]		http://playground.sun.com/~dougr
Pager:				[email-masked]
801 W. El Camino #131		Work:   (650)786-7599
Mountain View, CA 94040		Ham Radio: N6AAW, Aviation: PP-ASEL

---

From: Frank_Dawson/CAM/[email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 19:19:28 -0400

> storing iCalendar objects in LDAP servers?

Doug: I think that the answer to this is the "locating" IETF CALSCH WG document
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-calsch-locating-03.txt) that
adds extensions to the vCard and LDAP schema for capturing URLs for busytime,
iTIP, published calendar and CAP placeholder. I am not sure that the CAP schema
for searching is what Ross was looking for.

-- Frank