Subject: Re: proposed CU section for CAP and UPN definition

From: Frank Dawson/CAM/Lotus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 21:21:44 GMT

Paul Hill wrote, in part:

>Note: If a server is validating data received via iMIP, if the "From:"
said
>(e.g.) "Joe Random User <[email-masked]>" then the "[email-masked]"
>part should be checked against the altSubjectName field of the
certificate,
>and the "Joe Random User" part should be checked against the CN component
>of the altSubjectName DN. This is so the "From:" field couldn't be munged
>to something misleading like "John Rictus User <[email-masked]>" and
>have it pass validation. This validation will also defeat other attempts
at
>confusion.

In iMIP, we don't use the MIME header fields for transport addressing of
the calendaring information. We use the ORGANIZER and ATTENDEE properties
with the iCalendar object. The MIME "From" header field in the email might
actually specify the address for the mail service element of a calendar
server. Don't you agree?

This text would still work if the "From:" was changed to "ORGANIZER or
ATTENDEE component properties".

-- Frank Dawson

---

From: "Paul B. Hill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 17:58:05 -0400

>ATTENDEE component properties".

Thanks for the correction Frank.

Paul