Subject: 2.0.2 "error" code

From: Antoine Leca <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 18:12:11 +0200

Hi,

Both iRIP and CAP drafts have this code to deal with commands that are under
processing (SENDDATA with timeout).

What I do not understand is why we did not use the 1.xx code set up by RFC 2445:
>
>      |==============+===============================================|
>      | Short Return | Longer Return Status Description              |
>      | Status Code  |                                               |
>      |==============+===============================================|
>      |    1.xx      | Preliminary success. This class of status     |
>      |              | of status code indicates that the request has |
>      |              | request has been initially processed but that |
>      |              | completion is pending.                        |
>      |==============+===============================================|
>      |    2.xx      | Successful. This class of status code         |
>      |              | indicates that the request was completed      |
>      |              | successfuly. However, the exact status code   |
>      |              | can indicate that a fallback has been taken.  |
>      |==============+===============================================|

In fact, it appears to me as if the code 1.xx of RFC 2445 is not to be used at all
with iRIP or CAP.

Probably I miss something (an dI hope this had not been debatted to death),
but I fail to see what.

Antoine

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 18:30:02 -0700

Antoine Leca wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> ...
>
> In fact, it appears to me as if the code 1.xx of RFC 2445 is not to 
> be used at all with iRIP or CAP.
> 
> Probably I miss something (an dI hope this had not been debatted
> to death), but I fail to see what.

iRIP and CAP are works in progress. Both of them are for the
most part "what do you think?" documents.

I would guess it was just missed - thanks for pointing it out.

-- 
Doug
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work: [email-masked]      Home    801 Woodside Rd #14-244
      530 E. Montecito St.         Office: Redwood City, CA 94061
      Santa Barbara, CA 93103
      805-957-1790 x541            Personal Email: [email-masked]