Subject: Re: IPTEL spec and iCalendar

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 14:16:19 -0500

John Stracke wrote:

> "Shannon J. Clark" wrote:
>
> > It seems to me that monitoring the announcements and passing along important
> > ones would be a useful tool, might want to be shared with other working
> > groups as well
>
> That did occur to me, but I don't want to have to keep the tool running for
> everybody in the world.  I'll probably ask my boss's permission to release the
> tool under the GPL.

And here it is: <http://calsch.research.ecal.com/draft-monitor/>

It's not perfectly general, but it makes an attempt, anyway.  I've got it running
to look for the keywords "iCal", "icalendar", "calsch", "calendar", "scheduling",
"CAP", and "RFC-2445" through "RFC-2447".  (Most of those are case-insensitive,
but CAP and the RFCs are case-sensitive; and "iCal", matches only "iCal" or
"ICal"--it doesn't do whole-word matching, and I kept getting false positives for
things like "theoretical".) When it finds something, it'll send mail to this
list.

--
/==============================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|
|Chief Scientist |=============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |"I use emacs, which might be thought of as a |
[email-masked]|thermonuclear word processor." -- Neal       |
|                |Stephenson                                   |
\==============================================================/