Subject: iCalendar Issue #9, Weeknumber independent of start of week?

From: Eric Busboom <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 08:13:51 -0800 (PST)

In Issue #9 of the ICalendar issue list, Frank asks:

  If so, then should we view "Week Number" as a non-permutable concept? Or
  should the display of "Week Number" vary as the "start of the week"
  varies?

The threaded message is online at 

	http://www.imc.org/ietf-calendar/mail-archive/msg01752.html

Unless we get strong comments otherwise, I am leaning towards leaving the
iCalendar text as it is -- that is, the week numbers in recurrence rules
will depend on the value of WKST. This definition conflicts with ISO8601
except when WKST is Monday.

eric.

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 12:15:06 -0500

> except when WKST is Monday.

Even if we don't change the definition, we should probably add a comment
saying that we know it's in conflict.

--
/==============================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|
|Chief Scientist |=============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |If you're omniscient, how do you know?       |
[email-masked]|                                             |
\==============================================================/