Subject: CalConnect II Try 2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:53:09 -0500

CalConnect II:

This is the information on the CalConnect2 Interoperability Testing.   Testing will be held at Stanford University on April 12 & 13 2001. 

Testing Schedule and rules: 
--------------------------------------------
The preliminary schedule is as follows. Continental breakfast, Lunch and breaks will be provided.  In addition, dinner on Thursday, 4/12 will be provided on site. 

Day 1:
8:30 - 9:30    Breakfast, setup, introductions and coordination 
9:30 - 12:00   Testing 
12:00 - 1:00   Lunch served (buffet - sandwiches) 
1:00 - until   Testing 
Around 6:00 dinner will be brought in - participants can eat at their leisure 

Day 2:
8:30 - 9:00    Breakfast 
9:00 - 12:00   Testing 
12:00 - 1:00   Lunch 
1:00 - 4:30    Testing 
4:30           Review and shut down 

Testing rules: 
-----------------------
Participants bring their own equipment and software. Ethernet connectivity and
networking will be provided as well as a mail server and access to the Internet.
 Testing of applications and code is open.  This means there are no set steps or
processes involved. You will have a list of participants and will know what each
vendor or representative wants to test. It is every recipients responsibility to
find other participants to test applications. This effort will test everything
we can on iCalendar, iTIP and iMIP.  The major emphasis will be on the iCalendar
protocol.  The chairs will provide a matrix of all MUST, CAN and SHOULD
statements that can be used to help "check off" what is working and what is not.
 Each participant is expected to detail what works and what does not and
expected plans for fixing or not fixing sections that do not work.  If nothing
will happen on a  specific item and participants do not plan to fix or make
pieces work, those items must be removed from the draft. 

The key rule is "What happens during testing remains in the room." 

It is expected that participants will honor this rule.  No press is 
allowed and for the participants, please do not bring Marketing staff. 

The chairs of the CALSCH working group will publish the results and 
further the movement of the RFCs towards Standard activation.