Subject: Updates to appointments

From: Andrew Proud <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:05:50 +0000 (GMT)

Hi

Would it be possible to update an entry in a diary
using Icalendar ?

If the event was created by importing an Icalendar
file, there will be a unique ID. If a new event was
sent with the same ID, could this not update the
original event ?

Andy

____________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.co.uk address at http://mail.yahoo.co.uk
or your free @yahoo.ie address at http://mail.yahoo.ie

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 13:08:27 -0500

> sent with the same ID, could this not update the

Might.  It'd be up to the implementation.

--
/==============================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|
|Chief Scientist |=============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |Know your limits, then destroy 'em.          |
[email-masked]|                                             |
\==============================================================/

---

From: "Greg FitzPatrick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:57:16 +0100

This is another reason to consider SKIUD

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]För John Stracke
Skickat: den 14 februari 2001 19:08
Till: [email-masked]
Ämne: Re: Updates to appointments

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 08:19:23 -0500

> This is another reason to consider SKIUD

It would still be an implementation detail.  iCalendar is a data
model, not a protocol; "import an iCalendar" is not actually
defined by any RFC.

|eCal Corp.      |Earth: love it or leave it.                  |

---

From: JP Rosevear <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Feb 2001 10:21:16 -0500

> This is another reason to consider SKIUD

How would this differ from a component with the same id and a larger
sequence number?

-JP

-- 
--
=======================================================================
JP Rosevear                             [email-masked]
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com

---

From: "Greg FitzPatrick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:32:24 +0100

JP asked: How would this differ from a component with the same id and a
larger
>sequence number?

Well the component could be updated several times, for example, if it was
keeping track of attendees to an event - though the event itself was not
changed.

Remember that we are trying to create a placeholder for identifiers of
resources that might not be published using iCal syntax.

Greg