Subject: CalConnect II

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 18:13:24 -0500

CalConnect II:

This is the information on the CalConnect2 Interoperability Testing.
Testing will be held at Stanford University on April 12 & 13 2001.

Testing Schedule and rules:
--------------------------------------------
The preliminary schedule is as follows. Continental breakfast, Lunch and
breaks will be provided.  In addition, dinner on Thursday, 4/12 will be
provided on site.

Day 1:
8:30 - 9:30    Breakfast, setup, introductions and coordination
9:30 - 12:00   Testing
12:00 - 1:00   Lunch served (buffet - sandwiches)
1:00 - until   Testing
Around 6:00 dinner will be brought in - participants can eat at their
leisure

Day 2:
8:30 - 9:00    Breakfast
9:00 - 12:00   Testing
12:00 - 1:00   Lunch
1:00 - 4:30    Testing
4:30           Review and shut down

Testing rules:
-----------------------
     Participants bring their own equipment and software.
     Ethernet connectivity and networking will be provided as well as a
     mail server and access to the Internet.  Testing of applications and
     code is open.  This means there are no set steps or processes
     involved.
     You will have a list of participants and will know what each vendor or
     representative wants to test. It is every recipients responsibility to
     find other participants to test applications.
     This effort will test everything we can on iCalendar, iTIP and iMIP.
     The major emphasis will be on the iCalendar protocol.  The chairs will
     provide a matrix of all MUST, CAN and SHOULD statements that can be
     used to help "check off" what is working and what is not.  Each
     participant is expected to detail what works and what does not and
     expected plans for fixing or not fixing sections that do not work.  If
     nothing will happen on a specific item and participants do not plan to
     fix or make pieces work, those items must be removed from the draft.

     The key rule is "What happens during testing remains in the room."

     It is expected that participants will honor this rule.  No press is
     allowed and for the participants, please do not bring Marketing staff.

     The chairs of the CALSCH working group will publish the results and
     further the movement of the RFCs towards Standard activation.(See
     attached file: c175953.ics)