Subject: Re: SV: SKiCal component property extension - please

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 15:03:35 +0000

Greg, John is doing what many people do on an IETF mailing list and that 
is responding with "enthusiasm."  I don't think he is "jumping" on the 
items.  At least he is commenting (notice the relative silence from the 
majority of the remaining list).  All working group lists react the same 
way.  The comments are either lively and active or silent with no feedback 
whatsoever.  Since you are relatively new to the IETF process, you may not 
be familiar with how the lists tend to work.  One thing I like to make 
sure we do is not "attack" or "condem" someone for making comments.  Do 
that and no one will respond to a request.  So, take John's opinions and 
thoughts as just that -  opinions and thoughts.  Also, make sure you see 
that he usually tries to make some sense out of what he reads.  He does 
take the trouble to read the items you submit.  Read around his style of 
responding and look for the suggestions he makes.  This goes for all the 
responses to the list.  IETF mailing lists are always "interesting 
reading."  It took me a while to also get used to the noise factor.  I 
only step in when I think things are starting to get "touchy." 
___________________
Patricia Egen Consulting
www.egenconsulting.com
423-875-2652

---

From: "Greg FitzPatrick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 17:34:21 +0100

Gosh Pat - I have been contributing to this list for over two years.  When
does one become a member of the club? :-)

But seriously, if I overreacted please accept my apologies - John and
everybody else.

  Pat wrote:  Since you are relatively new to the IETF process, you may not
be familiar with how the lists tend to work.