Subject: Are CAP properties an extension to iCalendar?

From: Eric Busboom <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:34:28 -0800 (PST)

Since we are discussing SkiCal as an extension to iCalendar, I wonder if
CAP should be consided an extension as well?

Thant is, rather than adding the CAP proeprties and components to
iCalendar, should they be part of CAP, and be prefixed with "EXT-CAP-"? (
Or "CAP-" or whatever. ) 

Thus: 

  C: SENDDATA
  C: Content-type:text/calendar; Method=MODIFY; Component=VCOMMAND
  C:
  C: BEGIN:VCALENDAR
  C: VERSION:2.1
  C: METHOD:MODIFY
  C: EXT-CAP-TARGET:relcal2
  C: BEGIN:EXT-CAP-VCOMMAND
  C: BEGIN:EXT-CAP-VQUERY
  C: EXT-CAP-VQUERY:SELECT UID FROM VEVENT WHERE UID = 'abcd12345'
  C: END:EXT-CAP-VQUERY
  C: BEGIN:VEVENT
  C: DTSTART:19990421T160000Z
  C: DTEND:19990421T163000Z
  C: LOCATION:Joe's Diner
  C: END:VEVENT

( Well, it does look silly...)

eric.

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:02:01 -0500

> CAP should be consided an extension as well?

Let's decide first whether extensions should exist at all.  :-)

In any case, I would suggest that the CAP properties are not comparable to,
say, SKiCal properties, since CAP properties are not actually part of the
calendar data.

--
/=================================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.   |
|Chief Scientist |================================================|
|eCal Corp.      |No matter how tempting the prospect of unlimited|
[email-masked]|power, I will not consume any energy field      |
|                |bigger than my head.                            |
\=================================================================/