Subject: Re: MS Outlook 2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:36:46 +0000

Andrew, I'm afraid John is correct.  No one, not even the Department of 
Justice, it seems, can force Microsoft to do anything.  For that matter, 
any vendor can choose to implement a standard partially.  However, if they 
expect to sell their product, it would be wise to have it implement a 
standard so it can interoperate.  I guess Microsoft feels they are so 
large, they can do things "halfway."  Getting Microsoft to fully endorse 
standards has always been a challenge.  We keep trying.  They actually 
participated on the first CalConnect.  All we can hope is they continue to 
participate.  Thanks for your comments and hopefully someone will respond 
with an item about what they have done to work around the partial 
Microsoft implementation.
___________________
Patricia Egen Consulting
www.egenconsulting.com
423-875-2652

John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
02/12/01 04:12 PM

        To:     [email-masked]
        cc: 
        Subject:        Re: MS Outlook 2

Andrew Proud wrote:

> Does this committee/organisation have enough weight to
> make MS support the standard fully?

Insert hollow laughter here.

--
/================================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.  |
|Chief Scientist |===============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife in the|
[email-masked]|shoulderblades will cramp his style.           |
\================================================================/