Subject: Re: #6 ICR Mixed DATE and DATE-TIME

From: Eric Busboom <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 17:31:03 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001 [email-masked] wrote:

>   While the need for all values to match the DTSTART data type IFF it is 
> DATE only is important; there was a question rasied about how does one 
> specify that any occurance on a particular date is to be blocked (ie: 
> 
> DTSTART:20010401T140000Z
> RRULE;FREQ=DAILY;UNTIL=20010901;BYHOUR=9,10,11
> EXDATE:20010410
> 
> (Not checked for validity but you get my idea).  It would be more than 
> nice to allow DATE only values if DATE-TIME values are on the DTSTART. The 
> meaning is "Any instance on the given DATE".  I think we covered this in 
> some thread already but I just wanted to make sure in fixing #3 we did not 
> preclude the "other way" which is not a problem now.

So, as an addendum to my text for #3:

 However, when the prevailing type is DATE-TIME, EXRULE and EXDATE MAY
 specify DATE values. These dates MUST be interpreted to exclude all
 occurrences on the referenced dates."

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 10:44:10 -0500

>  occurrences on the referenced dates."

Sounds good to me.  Thanks!

--
/================================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.  |
|Chief Scientist |===============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |"All gateways lose information. Some do it more|
[email-masked]|efficiently than others." -- Einar Stefferud   |
\================================================================/