Subject: VTIMEZONE issues

From: Damon Chaplin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 19:16:31 +0000

In section 4.6.5 "Time Zone Component" it says:

   If specified, the onset for the observance defined by the time zone
   sub-component is defined by either the "RRULE" or "RDATE" property.
   If neither is specified, only one sub-component can be specified in
   the "VTIMEZONE" calendar component and it is assumed that the single
   observance specified is always in effect.

But what is wrong with having just a single DTSTART in the component?

It looks like I'll have to duplicate the DTSTART value in an RDATE for
no particular reason.

Later in section 4.6.5 it says:

   Alternatively, the "RDATE" property can be used to define the onset
   of the observance by giving the individual onset date and times.
   "RDATE" in this usage MUST be specified as a local DATE-TIME value in
   UTC time.

What is a "local DATE-TIME value in UTC time"??

Surely it should either be a local DATE-TIME (like DTSTART must be) or
a UTC time (like the RRULE UNTIL values must be).

Damon