Subject: Re: #1 ICR FMTYPE can't hold MIME type; no "/" allowed (Was: Proposed RFC2445 Changes.) (fwd)

From: Eric Busboom <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 08:45:34 -0800 (PST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 16:59:27 -0800 (PST)
From: Eric Busboom <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], Bob Mahoney <[email-masked]>,
     George Babics <[email-masked]>, Paul Hill <[email-masked]>,
     Pat Egen <[email-masked]>, Steve Mansour <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: #1 ICR FMTYPE can't hold MIME type; no "/" allowed (Was:
    Proposed RFC2445 Changes.)

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001 [email-masked] wrote:

> Ill break msgs into singletons so that we can keep coherent toughts.
> 
> WRT:
> #1 ICR FMTYPE can't hold MIME type; no "/" allowed
> 
> Its not clear why this was rejected at least from the pages at
> msg02989 and msg04619.  The text in the latter talks about a FILE-NAME
> parameter, not about FMTYPE.  Anyone recall the issue with no "/"??  
> I cant find it in my full text indexed searchs.

The title for this issue was incorrect, and I changed in it the issues
list but not on the proposed changes. The issue is really about having a
filename as a parameter to Attach, and that idea was rejected after
discussion. 

eric.