Subject: RE: Duration: Does 1 day == 24 hours?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 15:26:18 -0600

Patrik:

Good reference. This is impressive work, even if it is in support of that
evil data schema work ;-)

A quick review seemed to show that the work did not cover the WEEK component
used in ISO8601. It only covered YEAR, MONTH, DAY and then the time
components.

In addition, the work too the narrow view on timezones that it was just a
UTC offset. We know that timezones involve more than just a scalar offset.
There is the issue of DST behavior too.

But still a good reference. I certainly bookmarked it. Thanks!

-- Frank

> People should read the following document before comparing days and 
> hours (or rather, before starting comparing two intervals):
> 
> http://www.macchiato.com/unicode/timeIntervals.htm
>

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 07:12:35 +0200

>used in ISO8601. It only covered YEAR, MONTH, DAY and then the time

I know that Mark want comments, so please send him some.

   paf