Subject: Friendly Reminder

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:27:52 -0500

Hi, this is your co-Chair thanking you for all your participation on this 
list.  This is also a general touchy-feely and  friendly reminder to keep 
our responses "nice" - by that I mean relevant without being angry or 
hostile in nature.  We all get very enthusiastic in our responses - 
sometimes too much so.  If we keep the tone on a higher level, maybe we 
can coax some of the over 350 people who monitor this list to reply more 
often.  Let's give everyone a chance to reply and post their comments. 
Cool?

Also, I heard comments from several people that the replies get very 
technical in nature - for that reason they can not reply even if they 
wanted to.  I don't want the list to become an educational tool - however, 
maybe we can start trying to put some of what we are talking about into 
"English".  By that I mean putting in some text that says - "ok, what this 
means to you is you won't be able to store your calendar if this is not 
done."  That sort of thing.  I don't think it will add much to the text 
and it may bring out more responses.  Now, don't hit me for asking!  This 
is just a simple attempt to draw out more participants and to help foster 
a community that gets our drafts to market and the public.

And finally, to echo what Steve has said, let's try to keep focused on a 
point, resolve it, get concensus and move on to the next item.

Ok, that's it for now.