Subject: Re: CAP / BEEP / XML / iCalendar - updated proposal

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:33:01 -0500

Excellent.  I think I agree with you John.  We did not really need another 
thing on our plate - I just did not want the issue to go unaddressed.  So, 
case closed.

"John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
03/26/02 12:10

        To:     CalSched IETF <[email-masked]>
        cc: 
        Subject:        Re: CAP / BEEP / XML / iCalendar  -  updated proposal

>Actually, we need to figure out what to do with vCard and vCalendar.
>Someone asked me where the home was for vCard.

It doesn't really have one at this point; it looks like RFC-2425 and 2426 
were developed by a WG called ASID, but ASID doesn't exist any more.  (Or 
they might have been developed by individuals who got help from the ASID 
group; it's not clear to me.) It doesn't particularly need a WG as long as 

it's stable, after all; and it's got a registration process defined for 
small-scale evolution.

>I'm not sure, but our
>group is a likely candidate unless some other group thinks it belongs
>with them.  Not sure.

I would think vCard would fall more closely to one of the LDAP working 
groups; it's closer to their expertise.  The affinity between vCard and 
[vi]Calendar is more a historical artifact than a technical relationship.

/=================================================================\
|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer              |
[email-masked]   |Incentive Systems, Inc.         |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.         |
|=================================================================|
|"How can one conceive of a one party system in a country that has|
|over 200 varieties of cheese?" --Charles de Gaulle               |
\=================================================================/

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:34:20 -0700

>  >Someone asked me where the home was for vCard.

See: 
http://www.imc.org/pdi