Subject: Re: CAP issues, Sections 1 and 2

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:05:03 -0500

>John Stracke wrote:

>> How does a CUA find out whether these non-standard queries exist?
>
>Okay - 'x-get-me-today's-stuff', now it is a vendor only thing.

Again, how do you find out the CS implements x-get-me-todays-stuff? More 
importantly, what happens when I want to replace my CS with one from 
another vendor?

If stored queries are a real need, then the standard must support the ones 
that are needed; if we push them off to vendor extensions, then we're 
shooting interop in the foot.

>>>anonymous? Perhaps 'bob@' has more restrictions that anonymous once
>>>the VCARs are applied.
>> 
>> But setting VCARs like that wouldn't make sense; then [email-masked] 
can 
>> just log in as anonymous.
>
>So can anyone, even if we accept Steve's proposal. What is the
>difference?

The point is just that giving any person less rights than Anonymous does 
not increase security, because they can always come back as Anonymous.

>I agree - ban 'user@' .

/========================================================\
|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer     |
[email-masked]   |Incentive Systems, Inc.|
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.|
|========================================================|
|"No, no, that's *not* a boat, that's Queen Victoria."   |
\========================================================/

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:15:20 -0700

John Stracke wrote:

> Again, how do you find out if the CS implements x-get-me-todays-stuff?

Query for stored quires just like any other stored object.

We can add predefined ones if we want - as a standard. Or
ANY CUA can save a QUERY and use it later. They do NOT need
to be defined in advance. Works both ways.