Subject: Focus on issues

From: [email-masked] (Steve Mansour)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:19:58 -0800

Folks,

I'm torn on how to phrase this message.  I'll start by saying, it's
great to see all the activity on the list. I'm glad to see everyone
looking at the issues and posting things.  But we need to focus our
energy and get closure on things.

One of the problems we discussed in Minneapolis is that it is difficult
for people to keep up with all the different threads.  Speaking for
myself... I could not keep up with every thread since December. After I
fell a little behind, the prospect of catching up seemed too daunting,
so I skipped many threads entirely. The problems we need to get through
usually require a fair amount of context. If a few people chime in on
one issue, then a few more chime in on another, and so on, we end up
with a ton of discussion and no decision. So, the issues stay open, and
CAP drags on.

Our proposal to address the problem involves dealing with issues one at
a time, resolving them, then moving on to the next. This will make it
easier to stay up-to-date on the context, and it will help force
closure.

I realize that I have probably confused everyone by sending a ton of
issues to the list.  I don't want to send them directly to Pat or Bob or
the other editors, it's important that we all see them and work through
them. But, I think they need to be collected and dealt out one at a time
for us to deal with.  Pat volunteered to handle the issues, I'm sure
she'll be sending out something soon :-)

At this point, we should really try to reach consensus on the XML versus
text/icalendar issue. I'll send a separate posting on where we're at
with that.

-Steve

---

From: Gary Frederick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 02:14:08 -0600

Thanks for posting Steve. I wish I had not asked about this group 
staying focused.

I think you are correct.

Gary