Subject: Re: CAP / BEEP / XML / iCalendar - updated proposal

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 00:12:24 -0500

To clarify, there is an XML "interpretation" of iCalendar - in other 
words, it rides on top of iCalendar - it does not replace it.  I believe 
the draft name is draft--ietf-calsch-many-xcal-00' August 20, 2001. Expires: February 18, 2002.  I don't know if it has been "re-sent.  I don't believe so.  Here's a 
url that points to some of the xml DTD stuff done previously by Frank 
Dawson. http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/iCal.html

Again, this is not an XML replacement for iCalendar. 

"John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
03/25/02 13:58

        To:     CalSched IETF <[email-masked]>
        cc: 
        Subject:        Re: CAP / BEEP / XML / iCalendar  -  updated proposal

>So we are dropping the XML version of iCalendar?

We are not dropping it.  It does not exist.  It might exist at some point 
in the future, but not until we're done with CAP.  It is not in the WG 
charter.

There is actually contention over whether or not it ought to exist at all; 

a case can be made that creating an alternate rendering of the same data 
cannot improve interop, and will probably harm it.

/=========================================================\
|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer      |
[email-masked]   |Incentive Systems, Inc. |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own. |
|=========================================================|
|Peace, justice, morality, culture, family, sport, and the|
|extinction of all other life forms!                      |
\=========================================================/

---

From: Gary Frederick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 02:03:58 -0600

It was re-sent.
   http://www.imc.org/ietf-calendar/mail-archive/msg04560.html

Where is the WG charter documented?

Gary

[email-masked] wrote:
> the draft name is draft--ietf-calsch-many-xcal-00' August 20, 2001. 
> Expires: February 18, 2002.  I don't know if it has been "re-sent.  I 
> don't believe so.  Here's a url that points to some of the xml DTD stuff 
> done previously by Frank Dawson. http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/iCal.html
> 
> *"John Stracke" <[email-masked]>*