Subject: RE: I MOVE we simplify the query language. - small device CSs

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:20:07 -0500

>(if not then the user agent design is perhaps nothing more than a screen
>display with no actual "application" - rather it relies entirely on data
>from a server application for what to show and where - i.e. something 
very
>different than currently envisioned by CAP.

On the contrary, that is *exactly* how I've always envisioned a CAP 
client.  Just like an IMAP client.

If you want to do offline work, you need to do sync over CAP; but the 
local store that you sync with the CS is out of scope for CAP.  You can 
access it however you please; it's entirely yours, so there's no question 
of interoperability.

/========================================================\
|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer     |
[email-masked]   |Incentive Systems, Inc.|
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.|
|========================================================|
|Illiterate? Write today for free help!                  |
\========================================================/