Subject: Re: CMD;opt=markfor:DELETE [Was: discussion METHOD]

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 18:53:39 -0400

>Yes that is an issue. The problem is that the CS will never
>know how many CUAs need to synchronize, and over what period
>of time.
>
>Only the CUA or CU will ever know.

I'd say only the CU--none of the CUAs will know, since they don't know 
about each other.  The CU has to know when every CUA has synced up, and 
purge their CS only when it's safe.  That *might* be acceptable, in the 
common case where the CU has only 1-2 CUAs syncing; but I'm afraid it's 
going to be a pain for users with more sophisticated setups (or less 
sophisticated brains).

/=================================================================\
|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer              |
[email-masked]   |Incentive Systems, Inc.         |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.         |
|=================================================================|
|Whose cruel idea was it for the word "lisp" to have an "S" in it?|
\=================================================================/

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 17:42:59 -0600

> going to be a pain for users with more sophisticated setups (or less

I agree.

Some sites might have a I'll clean up the marked for delete
objects after xx months or something. Again this would be
a CUA-BOT anyway.