Subject: Q: Outlook conformance (CLASS)

From: Mark Swanson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:54:17 -0500

Hello,

Below is a snippet of iCalendar text that Outlook created. Outlook seems to 
create this on every meeting request. This was sent to me and I do not know 
what version of Outlook was used (though very likely a recent version).

It seems to me that the CLASS property needs a value.

Since we all want to be able to parse each others RFC 2445 messages I was 
wondering how everyone else here was handling this error?

Thanks.

BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTAMP:20030113T175450Z
DTSTART;TZID="Eastern Time (US & Canada)":20030114T100000
<snip>
SEQUENCE:0
PRIORITY:5
CLASS:
CREATED:20030113T175450Z
LAST-MODIFIED:20030113T175501Z
STATUS:CONFIRMED
<snip>
END:VEVENT

-- 
Schedule your world with ScheduleWorld.com
http://www.ScheduleWorld.com/
Java Web Start:
http://www.ScheduleWorld.com/sw/ScheduleWorld.jnlp

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:29:04 -0700

Yep - they are busted.

In 2445:

      classvalue = "PUBLIC" / "PRIVATE" / "CONFIDENTIAL" / iana-token
                 / x-name
      ;Default is PUBLIC

So I would mark it as PUBLIC.

However my CS currently would reject it == fix it in the CUA
prior to depositing it into the CS :-)

-- 

  Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
  -------------------------------|-----------------------------
  [email-masked]                 | Office: (208)612-INET
  http://Royer.com/People/Doug   |    Fax: (866)594-8574
                                 |   Cell: (208)520-4044

                 We Do Standards - You Need Standards