Subject: CAP REQUEST-STATUS - update and proposals

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:29:44 -0700

One of the tasks that was left to do wih CAP was to fix up the
REQUEST-STATUS codes. Here is pass 1 of my proposal.
I have attempted to keep them in sync with iCAL and iTIP
and I think that many are duplicates and can be eliminated.

Comments please.

Here (new) means new error code and (modified) means
that I have suggested some changes.

If the changes are accepted then I'll modify the ABNF to
specify the exact syntax including any optional syntax
for each of these (or in sets).

I also propose that we call all 6.x codes CMD or CS codes
and renumber all 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, and 10,x codes to
be 6.x codes.

We may also want to renumber some of these that are not
used prior to CAP anyway.

Code              Description

2.0               Success. The parameters vary with the operation and
                   are specified.

2.0.3             In response to the client issuing an "abort" reply,
                   this reply code indicates that any command currently
                   underway was successfully aborted.

(new)
2.0.4             In response to the client issuing an "ASK" reply, this
                   reply code indicates that any command currently
                   underway was successfully stopped and asked if it
                   should continue.

2.1               Success but fallback taken on one or more property
                   values.

                   (modified)
                   Property name and value MAY be specified and if
                   they are specified MUST be in the 'extdata' segment
                   comma separated just as if they were parameters
                   inside of a property including using '=' to separate
                   name from value.

                   (modified)
2.2               Success, unknown property ignored.

                   (modified)
                   Property name and value MAY be specified and if
                   they are specified MUST be in the 'extdata' segment
                   comma separated just as if they were parameters
                   inside of a property.

2.3               Success, invalid property parameter ignored.

                   (modified)
                   Parameter name and value MAY be specified and if
                   they are specified MUST be in the 'extdata' segment
                   comma separated.

  2.4              Success, unknown non-standard property ignored.

                   (modified)
                   Parameter name and value MAY be specified and if
                   they are specified MUST be in the 'extdata' segment
                   comma separated.

2.5               Success, unknown non-standard property value ignored.

                   (modified)
                   Parameter name and value MAY be specified and if
                   they are specified MUST be in the 'extdata' segment
                   comma separated.

                   (modified)
2.6               Success, unknown calendar component name ignored.

                   (modified)
                   Calendar component name (VALARM) MAY be specified
                   and if specified MUST be in the 'extdata' segment
                   comma separated.

                   (modified)
2.7               Success, request forwarded to Calendar User. This
                   specifies that in a way unspecified the CS has
                   forwarded the request to another CS for processing.

                   (modified)
                   Original and forwarded caluser addresses MAY
                   be specified and if specified must be in the 'extdata'
                   segment comma separated (oldname=newname).

                   (modified)
2.8               Success, repeating object ignored. Scheduled as a
                   single component. This error can also be used
                   when the RRULE is not usable for any reason.

                   RRULE or RDATE property name and value MAY be
                   specified  and if specified must be in the 'extdata'
                   segment comma separated (propname=value).

                   (modified)
2.9               Success, truncated end date time to date boundary.
		  This code MUST BE returned whenever an object
                   has its instances truncated.

                   (modified)
                   DTEND property value MAY be specified and if
                   specified must be in the 'extdata' segment comma
                   separated (DTEND=date/date-time).

2.10              (deleted use 2.8)

2.11              (deleted use 2.9)

3.0               Invalid property name.

                   (modified)
                   Property name MAY be specified and if specified
                   must be in the 'extdata' segment comma separated.

3.1               Invalid property value.

                   (modified)
                   Property name and value MAY be specified and if
                   they are specified MUST be in the 'extdata' segment
                   comma separated just as if they were parameters
                   inside of a property including using '=' to separate
                   name from value.

3.1.4             Capability not supported.

3.2               Invalid property parameter.

                   (modified)
                   Parameter name and value MAY be specified and if
                   they are specified MUST be in the 'extdata' segment
                   comma separated.

3.3               Invalid property parameter value.

                   (modified)
                   Parameter name and value MAY be specified and if
                   they are specified MUST be in the 'extdata' segment
                   comma separated.

3.4               (deleted - components are not sequenced - assumed
                    to be old text)

3.5               Invalid date or time.

                   (added)
                   Parameter or property name and value MAY be specified
                   and if they are specified MUST be in the 'extdata'
                   segment comma separated.

                   (modified)
3.6               Invalid RRULE.

                   (modified)
                   value MAY be specified and if they are specified MUST
                   be in the 'extdata' segment comma separated.

                   (modified)
3.7               Invalid Calendar User. An object was attempted
                   to be deposited in a calendar that is unrelated
                   to the calendar. For example booking an object
                   where none of the attendees are the owners. Only
                   if this is disallowed by calendar.

                   (modified)
                   Attendee values MAY be specified and if they are
                   specified MUST be in the 'extdata' segment comma
                   separated.

                   (modified)
3.8               No authority. Perhaps one or more VCARs deny the
                   operation.

                   (modified)
3.9               Unsupported iCalendar version in VCALENDAR object.

                   (modified)
                   VERSION property name and value MAY be specified
                   and if they are specified MUST be in the 'extdata'
                   segment comma separated.

3.10              Request entity too large.

3.11              Required component or property missing.

                   (modified)
                   Component or property name MAY be specified
                   and if they are specified MUST be in the 'extdata'
                   segment comma separated.

                   (modified - property was deleted from this.
                    For unknown property use - 3.1)
3.12              Unknown component.

                   (modified)
                   Component name MAY be specified and if they are
                   specified MUST be in the 'extdata' segment comma
                   separated.

3.13             (deleted use 3.12 and 3.1)

3.14             (deleted use 3.1.4)

                  (modified)
4.0              Event conflict. Date/time is busy and NOCONFLICT set.

                  DTSTART and DTEND property name and values MAY be
                  specified and if they are specified MUST be in
                  the 'extdata' segment comma separated.

4.1              Calendar store access denied.

5.0              (deleted - had no defined meaning, use 2.2? )

5.1              (deleted - use 4.1)

5.2              (deleted - had no defined meaning, use 2.2? )

5.3              (deleted - use 4.1 or 3.8)

                  (modified)
6.1              TARGET not found.

                  TARGET property value MAY be specified and if they
                  are specified MUST be in the 'extdata' segment
                  comma separated.

6.2              (deleted - use 4.0)

                  (modified)
6.3              Bad CMD args.

6.4              (deleted - use 3.8)

7.0              (deleted - use 2.0.3 or 2.0.4)

8.0              A failure has occurred in the CS that prevents the
                  operation from succeeding.

8.1              A query was performed and the query is too complex for
                  the CS. The operation was not performed.

8.2              (deleted use 3.11)

8.3              A DATETIME value was too far in the future
                  represented on this Calendar.

8.4              A DATETIME value was too far in the past
                  to be represented on this Calendar.

8.5              An attempt was made to create a new
                  object but the unique UID specified is
                  already in use.

9.0              An unrecognized command was received.
                  Or an unsupported command was received.

10.4             The operation has not been performed
                  because it would cause the resources
                  (memory, disk, CPU, etc) to exceed the
                  allocated quota.

-- 

  Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
  -------------------------------|-----------------------------
  [email-masked]                 | Office: (208)612-INET
  http://Royer.com/People/Doug   |    Fax: (866)594-8574
                                 |   Cell: (208)520-4044

                 We Do Standards - You Need Standards