Subject: Re: ietf-calendar Non-sub: xCal attach property

From: Yael Shaham-Gafni <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 22:20:27 -0800

Hi,
I'm looking at the xCal specification
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-calsch-many-xcal-02.txt),
and had a question regarding the attach property.
The definition of the attach XML is:
          <!ELEMENT attach (extref | b64bin)>
          <!-- extref holds a reference to an external entity that -->
          <!-- has the attachment. b64bin holds the inline BASE64 encoded 
-->
          <!-- binary data for the attachment as defined in RFC 2045. -->
          <!ELEMENT extref EMPTY>
              <!ATTLIST extref uri ENTITY #REQUIRED>
          <!ELEMENT b64bin (#PCDATA)>
              <!ATTLIST b64bin fmttype CDATA             #REQUIRED>
              <!ATTLIST b64bin value   NOTATION (BINARY) #IMPLIED>

My question is: is the fmttype an attribute of only binary attachments, or
can it also be the attribute of a uri attachment?
by reading the iCalendar spec I understood it was the latter, but this is
not reflected in the XML definition.
Regards,

Yael Shaham-Gafni
eTechnologies, IBM Almaden Research Center
[email-masked]
Phone: (408) 927-2455, Tie: 457-2455
Fax: (408) 927-3030

In the age of human dissolution of Nature, we can only save ourselves and
the planet as we know it by eschewing greed, consumption and wealth in
favour of Wisdom.

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 10:10:44 -0700

The xCal mailing list is [email-masked]'.

To subscribe:
	[email-masked]

I have Cc'd that list and set the reply-to to be that list for this message.

In the newest (being edited an not yet sent) xcal: all components are tags.
                     all properties are tags.
                     all parameters are tag attributes.

The mapping is 1:1 to iCalendar, so if it is valid in iCalendar
it is valid in xCal. If it is invalid in iCalendar, it is invalid
in xCal.

-Doug

Yael Shaham-Gafni wrote:
>          <!-- has the attachment. b64bin holds the inline BASE64 encoded -->

-- 

  Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
  -------------------------------|-----------------------------
  [email-masked]                 | Office: (208)612-INET
  http://Royer.com/People/Doug   |    Fax: (866)594-8574
                                 |   Cell: (208)520-4044

                 We Do Standards - You Need Standards