Subject: cap-10 section 1. comments

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 18:27:28 -0800 (PST)

below are some suggested changes for section 1. of the cap-10 draft.
most of it is very minor (as minor as an extra space...).
I believe there is nothing reguarding the actual function of the spec.

reading it properly depends on mail not reformatting the text and
text being displayed in a fixed-width font,
so I am not sure how well it will come across.

the numbers in [] at the beginning of each are the page and line numbers.

I think the markup is obvious, but:
	X under text indicates it should be deleted
	^ under text indicates an insertion point (insert before)
          followed by the new text
	- under text indicates it should be changed (w/a specific substitution)
	  followed by the new text or a comment/question
	* under text indicates what is specifically being commented on
	  followed by a comment in ()

<PRE>
----------------------------------------
[6;286]

   This document specifies how a Calendar CUA interacts with a CS to
                                 XXXXXXXXX
----------------------------------------
[6;305]

   The definition of new components, properties, parameter's, and value
                                                          X
   types are broken into two parts.  The first part summarizes and
   defined the new objects.  The second part provides the detail and any
         -s
   ABNF for those objects.
----------------------------------------
[7;362]

   Within a query, the different parts are referred to as a "clause" and
   its value as "clause value" and the clause name will be in uppercase
   enclosed in quotes.  Example, The "SELECT" clause or if the "SELECT"
                        ***********************************************
   clause value contains ...
   *************************
(
this sentence seems inconsistant with the other like sentences and
does not seem constructed properly...
)
----------------------------------------
[9;459]

   Calendar Access Rights (VCAR) -  The mechanism for specifying the CAP
      operations ("PERMISSION") that a particular calendar user ("UPN")
      is granted or denied permission to perform on a given calendar
      object ("SCOPE").  The calendar access rights are specified with a
      "VCAR" component.  (Section 9.3.
                                     ^)
----------------------------------------
[9;482]

   Properties -  An attribute of a particular component.  Some
      properties are applicable to  different types of components.  For
                                   X
      example, the "DTSTART" property is applicable to the "VEVENT",
      "VTODO", and "VJOURNAL" components.  Other components are
                                                 ----------properties
      applicable only to an individual type of calendar component.  For
      example, the "TZURL" property may only be applicable to the
                                    ---is
      "VTIMEZONE" components.
----------------------------------------
[10;538]

   CAP Session -  An open communication channel between a CUA and a CS.
      If the CAP session is authenticated, the CU is "authenticated" and
                                          ^ then
      it is an "authenticated CAP session".

   Contained Component / Contained Properties -  A component or property
                                          ---y
      that is contained inside of another component.  A "VALARM"
      component for example may be contained inside of a "VEVENT"
      component.  And a "TRIGGER" property could be a contained property
      of a "VALARM" component.
----------------------------------------
[11;593]

   Owner -  One or more CUs or UGs that are listed in the "OWNER"
      property in a calendar.  There can be more than one owner.  The "
                                                                *******
(
spurious or missing text
)
----------------------------------------
</PRE>