Subject: Re: CAP draft - last call, etc.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 13:29:51 -0400

Yes, I meant all the RFC's.  And yes, if something is mis-interpretted, it 
affects a lot of things.  Remember, all three drafts, iCalendar, iTIP and 
iMIP were written at different times and by different authors.  So, to say 
there may be semantic issues is putting it mildly.  And remember, we are 
in interop testing so that we can find these problems and resolve them.
___________________
Patricia Egen Consulting
www.egenconsulting.com
423-875-2652

Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
07/01/2003 23:04
Please respond to "[email-masked]"

        To:     "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
        cc: 
        Subject:        Re: CAP draft - last call, etc.

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> Doug, I don't believe that Bruce is telling people how he wants it - but 

> rather how he "interprets" the draft.

You mean how he interprets" RFC 2446?

It may effect CUA's that use CAP. But it will effect
any iTIP CUA, it is not limited to CAP.

-- 

  Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
  -------------------------------|-----------------------------
  [email-masked]                 | Office: (208)612-INET
  http://Royer.com/People/Doug   |    Fax: (866)594-8574
                                 |   Cell: (208)520-4044

                 We Do Standards - You Need Standards

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 12:13:12 -0600

Your email brings up a good point.

If someone found a problem as has been claimed, it is NOT in
the interoperability testing reports on www.calsch.org .

Is there some other list of interoperability testing that
has been published? Then it would be easier to have a fact based
debate where the results or problems are documented and not just
declared.

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> Yes, I meant all the RFC's.  And yes, if something is mis-interpretted, 
> it affects a lot of things.  Remember, all three drafts, iCalendar, iTIP 
> and iMIP were written at different times and by different authors.  So, 
> to say there may be semantic issues is putting it mildly.  And remember, 
> we are in interop testing so that we can find these problems and resolve 
> them.
>
--