Subject: Re: Free Busy topic

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:32:35 -0400

Interesting.  John says iTIP and Doug says iMIP.  Sounds like maybe it's 
confusing?
___________________
Patricia Egen Consulting
www.egenconsulting.com
423-875-2652

Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
07/31/2003 15:52
Please respond to ietf-calendar

        To:     [email-masked]
        cc: 
        Subject:        Re: Free Busy topic

> 
> The next challenge for calendaring and scheduling? I'm sure you guys 
have
> free/busy time in the standards - but is there ongoing work about having
> that data permeate the "cell membrane" of the organization without 
pubicly
> publishing other calendar data?

Using iMIP - The feature already exists.

Using CAP - Yes. Using VCARs allow a CUA to fetch the VFREEBUSY
             time. And using VCARs the other components can be
             restricted (or allowed) as the owner sees fit.

-- 

  Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
  -------------------------------|-----------------------------
  [email-masked]                 | Office: (208)612-INET
  http://Royer.com/People/Doug   |    Fax: (866)594-8574
                                 |   Cell: (208)520-4044

                 We Do Standards - You Need Standards

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:45:32 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:

>
> Interesting.  John says iTIP and Doug says iMIP.  Sounds like maybe 
> it's confusing?

<shrug> Not very.  I said iTIP because that's where the feature is 
defined; Doug probably said iMIP because that'd be the common way of 
exposing it to the world.

>
> ___________________
> Patricia Egen Consulting
> www.egenconsulting.com
> 423-875-2652
>
>
>
> 	*Doug Royer <[email-masked]>*

-- 
/================================================================\
|John Stracke      [email-masked]                         |
|Principal Engineer|http://www.centive.com                       |
|Centive           |My opinions are my own.                      |
|================================================================|
|The voices say I'm not schizophrenic, but they're not sure about|
|you.                                                            |
\================================================================/