Subject: How many people are there using the fixed-id model?

From: "Michael Fair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:09:11 -0700

Since requesting how many people are using
Doug's model is a potentially bankrupt question
causing the whole list to wait for silence,
how many people are using the fixed-id model?

Simple replies to this post without any text
will be taken as an "I am" post.

-- Michael --

---

From: Satya Vempati <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:35:33 -0700

ALL major implementations today use the fixed recurrence-id model. Even if
Doug is right in his reading of iTip and iCal, the large body of
implementations are against his model. It is unlikely that anyone would
want a de jure standard that is at odds with the de facto standard. To do
so would create two iCal & iTip standards and would fracture the community.

The right question to ask then is, if Doug sees problems with the fixed
recurrence model, what text should we add to iCal & iTip to a) make the
model work and b) disambiguate the text so that future circular
discussions of this sort could be avoided.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Fair [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 3:09 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: How many people are there using the fixed-id model?

-- Michael --

---

From: "Jay Parker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:23:20 -0600

Novell GroupWise has implemented to the fixed-id model.
 
* Jay

>>> "Michael Fair" <[email-masked]> 8/13/2003 4:09:11 PM >>>

-- Michael --