Subject: Re: Does anyone still think that RECURRENCE-ID's do NOT change?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:51:59 -0400

Ok, I've sat back and watched, with interest, my inbasket fill up and 
people come out of the woodwork to present their 
thoughts on this issue.  And, I seem to see it moving pretty strongly in a 
specific direction.  What I'm going to do over the 
Labor day weekend is go back over all the comments - yes, all of them. I'm 
going to put them into some semblance of order 
either in a spreadsheet or simply with tick marks on paper.  Then, I'm 
going to come up with what I see is the overall, final, opinion of the 
group 
on this issue.  I believe we have concensus.  I just want to make sure 
what I put on the list is as correct as it can be based on some 
of the epic-length notes that have been on this list.  When I put on the 
list what I and Bob feel is the final decision - that is what it will 
be and that is what we will work to fix or let be, depending on the final 
decision., 

I know we have two people who are set firmly in their respective corners. 
But the rest of us of have sort of come to a conclusion, 
and have heard from the original authors, and that's what I am going to 
confirm, quietly, in a nice comfey chair, after killing a tree printing 
out all the notes.   

So, we will have an answer next week and that will be the final decision. 
Hopefully EVERYONE will agree on the final ruling 
and we can move forward again.  Thanks for your support and it's nice to 
see some new names out there!