Subject: cap-11 questions

From: Kees Cook <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 15:26:56 -0700

Hello!

I just sent a bugzilla bug in with a number of typos and grammar fixes I
noted when I read through the CAP draft:
http://inet-consulting.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=29

In addition to that, I had a few comments and questions...

Section 4.2.2: I think the CARID:READBUSYTIMEINFO example would be a 
better example with "GRANT:[email-masked]", which would default to a higher 
level of privacy, in case anyone implements that CARID directly from the 
text.

Section 10.2: 'The "GENERATE-UID" command returns one or more unique 
identifiers which MUST BE globally unique.'
Is that globally unique to the CS or to the VAGENDA?  (Or, did I miss the 
definition of what "globally" meant?)

Has any thought been given to spam control?  In my worst nightmares, I can 
see calendaring becoming as cluttered with spam as regular email.  It 
would be nice to help design in some stronger control over that kind of 
thing by default.  It seems to me that the default permissions for 
"schedulers" should be "can not send me invites".  Can you imagine if spam 
showed up in your daily calendar in addition to your mail box?  :)

How is serialization dealt with by the CS?  I don't see anything in the 
draft that talks about having multiple readers and writers of the same 
VAGENDA.  Depending on the VQUERYs sent, it seems that CUA could step on 
eachother.  For example, a CEO and their assistant working on the same 
item and sending changes at the same time.

-- 
Kees Cook
Open Souce Development Lab
[email-masked]