Subject: Re: CAP-12-e: Alarms and SEQUENCE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:33:59 -0500

Mark wrote on 10/22/2003 02:53:09 PM:
> You still propse to break MODIFY wihout any solution. No one
> wants to break modify.

Not true.  Go see last weeks followup to Doug regarding this.

> I do not know which version if any draft or published text you
> have been reading, but I can not find ANY other unique identifier
> for VALARMS. What is it?

You must have missed the threads from ~Oct/Nov 2001 that was again touched 
on in Jan/Feb 2002.  Go check out 
http://www.imc.org/ietf-calendar/mail-archive/msg02442.html for the WG 
decision regarding the creation of ALARMID (not SEQUENCE).  In fact, as 
part of the revisit in 2002 under the subject "VALARM: UID VS ALARMID" 
Doug wrote:

I prefer ALARMID.

and so did ~all the others that I can see.  Yet somehow, without any WG 
discussion I can find, the ALARMID property was replaced by SEQUENCE.

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...