Subject: Degree of conformance with iCal, iTIP, iMIP

From: "Payod Deshpande" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 20:17:42 +0530

Hello everyone,

I need to add a calendaring support to a mail client. I want to know to what
extent Outlook, Notes and Groupwise comply with these standards? In other
words to what extent do I need to comply with these standards to be
interoperable with these clients.

Regards,
Payod Deshpande

Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:57:32 -0500

Hi Payod.  There is no formal document that states which vendor supports 
which standard or how much of each standard they support.  What others 
have done is contacted each vendor individually. 

In order to interoperate with the vendors (any vendors) you need to handle 
all the MUST and SHOULDS of RFC 2445, 2446, 2447.  That's what we use to 
test interoperability. 

In addition, when you have a product that is ready, you should attend an 
interoperability testing event.  We've had three so far, and are long 
overdue for another one.  The economy has forced several of the past 
participants to put testing on hold. 

I also suggest you read the Guide to Internet Calendaring (RFC 3283).  You 
can find past interop results at http://www.calsch.org.  You will see what 
vendors participated, but you will not see how each vendor fared.  It is 
the policy of the IETF that interop results are "anonymous" to the public.

"Payod Deshpande" <[email-masked]> 
Sent by: [email-masked]
11/05/2003 09:47

To
<[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
Degree of conformance with iCal, iTIP, iMIP

Hello everyone,

I need to add a calendaring support to a mail client. I want to know to 
what
extent Outlook, Notes and Groupwise comply with these standards? In other
words to what extent do I need to comply with these standards to be
interoperable with these clients.

Regards,
Payod Deshpande