Subject: Re: EXPAND property: All instances?

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 14:11:29 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:

>
> I have a simple question regarding the EXPAND property.  In CAP-12-e 
> it is described as:
>
>    Description: If a CUA wishes to see all of the instances of a
>   recurring component the CUA sets EXPAND=TRUE in the "VQUERY"
>   component. If not specified, the default is FALSE. Note that if the
>   CS has its "RECUR-EXPAND" CS property value set to false then the
>   "EXPAND" property will be ignored and the result will be as if the
>   "EXPAND" value was set to false.
>
> My question is simply this:  Is the CS supposed to return literally 
> all instances of a repeating entry even if they fall outside the 
> bounds of the parameters in the VQUERY?

I assume you mean - you want the text fixed? Or are you really confused?

-- 

Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
-------------------------------|-----------------------------
[email-masked]                 | Office: (208)520-4044
http://Royer.com/People/Doug   |    Fax: (866)594-8574
                               |   Cell: (208)520-4044

               We Do Standards - You Need Standards

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:18:51 -0500

> I assume you mean - you want the text fixed? Or are you really confused?

Its a straight forward question: Is the intent of EXPAND to literally 
return all instances of any repeating entry even if its outside the bounds 
of the WHERE clause or is the Description text incorrect?

Im trying to understand its purpose and how it affects the other parts of 
CAP like SEARCHing.  Either its poorly described or the intent is somewhat 
questionable, at least to me (see the rest of my original posting for more 
info).

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...