Subject: CAP-12-e: 8.22 MULTIPART Property ABNF

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:06:34 -0500

In looking at the CAP-12-e draft I see in Section 8.22 MULTIPART Property 
the following:

8.22 MULTIPART Property

   Property Name: MULTIPART
[Snip, snip]
   Formal Definition: The property is defined by the following notation:

   name = "MULTIPART" other-params ":" text *( "," text) CRLF

so this section is defining an ABNF for 'name' to be used elsewhere.  But 
the next section 8.23 NAME Property says:

8.23 NAME Property

   Property Name: NAME
[Snip, snip]
   Formal Definition: The property is defined by the following notation:

   name = "NAME" nameparam ":" text CRLF

which appears to define the same ABNF value.  This is not goodness (or at 
least it should be using the "/=" instead of "=" if it were an extension 
of name)

I suspect that the ABNF under Section 8.22 just needs touching up and any 
references to MULTIPART need to be santiy checked.

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: 
[email-masked]
Messaging & Collaboration                 Phone: 978.399.6496
IBM Software Group                         FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law..

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 10:51:27 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:

>
> In looking at the CAP-12-e draft I see in Section 8.22 MULTIPART 
> Property the following:
>
> 8.22 MULTIPART Property
>
>   Property Name: MULTIPART
> [Snip, snip]

Now 'mname' - fixed.

-- 

Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
-------------------------------|-----------------------------
[email-masked]                 | Office: (208)520-4044
http://Royer.com/People/Doug   |    Fax: (866)594-8574
                               |   Cell: (208)520-4044

               We Do Standards - You Need Standards

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:41:58 -0800

yes, I believe I sent out a note for both -9 and -10 about this...