Subject: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-royer-calsch-sched-ex-00.txt]

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:50:25 -0700

FYI

This is pass zero of iTIP and CAP examples.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: iCalendar Scheduling
	Author(s)	: D. Royer
	Filename	: draft-royer-calsch-sched-ex-00.txt
	Pages		: 48
	Date		: 2004-1-7
	
A proposal to specify booked persistent data in calendar stores to
track 'SEQUENCE' and 'DTSTAMP' property values for CUAs with direct
access to calendar stores.

With iMIP the iCalendar CUA's do not see the others stored CS data.
With WebDAV, HTTP, or FTP access, the CUA can see into the public data
of other calendars. The storage of persistent data mandated by [iTIP]
has not been standardized yet. This memo proposes a way to standardize
on those persistent items.

Also included are ways to make the various ways of using the [iCAL] and
[iTIP] 'RECURRENCE-ID' property work between vendors and to document
the procedures to work with 'RECURRENCE-ID's.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-royer-calsch-sched-ex-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-royer-calsch-sched-ex-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-royer-calsch-sched-ex-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-- 

Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
-------------------------------|-----------------------------
[email-masked]                 | Office: (208)520-4044
http://Royer.com/People/Doug   |    Fax: (866)594-8574
                               |   Cell: (208)520-4044

               We Do Standards - You Need Standards