Subject: IANA Time Zone Registration

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 16:10:45 -0700

]
A couple of years ago there was talk on the CALSCH mailing list
to have an IANA time zone registration process. I have submitted
a proposal for that registry to the IETF.

A copy can be found at:

	http://inet-consulting.com/draft-royer-timezone-registry-00.txt

And an HTML version:

	http://inet-consulting.com/draft-royer-timezone-registry-00.html

I am adding the POLYGON property targeted for the -01 version
that has an ADD/DELETE parameter to allow for the optional
inclusion of latitude/longitude geographic areas to be included
that include (add) and exclude (delete) areas from the time zone
geographic region (again from the CALSCH mailing list discussions).

-- 

Doug Royer                     | http://INET-Consulting.com
-------------------------------|-----------------------------
[email-masked]                 | Office: (208)612-4638
http://Royer.com               | Fax:    (866)594-8574
                                | Cell:   (208)520-4044

               We Do Standards - You Need Standards

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:12:48 -0700

Thank you - I just sent the email.

Jonathan Lennox wrote:
> On Sunday, January 16 2005, "Doug Royer" wrote to "[email-masked], [email-masked], CalDAV DevList" saying:
> 
> 
> This proposal should also be shared with the TZ mailing list,
> <[email-masked]>.
> 
> I note that your list of time zone names is out of date with respect
> to the current version of tzdata (2005b).
> 

--