Subject: R curtain and pinning it with a star," as t

From: Ghil Elmblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 19:13:50 +0200

S she had passed since parting
with her mother at Natchez. There, too, was a poor woman who had been
separated from her husband;
and another woman, whose looks
and manners were expressive of deep anguish, sat by her side. There
was
"Uncle Jeems," with his whiskers off,

his face shaven clean, and the gray hairs plucked out, ready to be
sold for ten years younger than he was. Toby was also there, with his
face shaven

and greased, ready for inspection.
The examination commenced, and was carried
on in such a manner as to shock the feelings of any one not entirely
devoid of the milk of human kindness. "What are you wiping your eyes
for?" inquired a far, red-faced man, with a white hat set on one side
of his head and a cigar

in his mouth, of a woman who sat on one of the benches. "Because I
left my
man behind." "Oh, if I buy you, I
will furnish you with a better man than you left. I've got lots of
young bucks on my farm." "I don't want and never
will have another man," replied the woman. "What's you name?" asked
a man in a straw hat of a tall negro who stood with his arms folded
across his breast, leaning against
the wall. "My name is Aaron, sar." "How old are you?"
"Twenty-five." "Where were you raised?" "In old Virginny, sar." "How
many men have owned you?" "Four." "Do you enjoy good health?" "Yes,
sar." "How long did you live with your first owner?" "Twenty years."
"Did you ever run away?" "No, sar." "Did you ever strike your master?"
"No, sar." "Were you ever whipped much?" "No, sar; I s'pose I didn't
desarve it, sar." "How long