Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Ietf-calsify] Question about attachment]

From: Doug at Royer.com (Doug Royer)
Date: Thu Nov 10 00:51:45 2005

The other problem is that sometimes there is no place to
publish the attachment. Or perhaps for security reasons
you only want to iMIP the calendar appointment and its
attachment.

There is really no way to determine in advance why
the user elected to inline the attachment.

Lissa Dusseault wrote:

  > There really aren't many guidelines on this so far. If you have any
  > implementation experience with limitations, information on that would
  > be helpful as we revise iCalendar.
  >
  > Thanks!
  > Lisa Dusseault
  >
  > On Nov 7, 2005, at 2:16 AM, LinyiTian wrote:
  >
  >     Hi, All
  >
  >
  > I am a new comer. I have one question about attachment in
  > iCalendar. Since attachment can be binary and external link in
  > iCalendar.Is there a principle when a attachment should be a
  > external link? Size limited or based on user's preference? Can a
  > doc with 10M size be attached internal?

-- 

Doug Royer                     | http://INET-Consulting.com
-------------------------------|-----------------------------

               We Do Standards - You Need Standards

---

From: Robert_Ransdell at notesdev.ibm.com ([email-masked])
Date: Thu Nov 10 08:21:35 2005

When sending meeting invitations through email, it is nice to send in
several alternatives  (text/calendar and text/html) so that recipients
viewing the email with software not rendering the iCalendar can still see
the meeting information.  Part of the critical information would be any
attachments.   That said, the preferred MIME for the email would have the
attachment as a mulipart/mixed and have it referenced in the html and the
iCalendar with its CID.

             Doug Royer                                                    
             <[email-masked]>                                              
             Sent by:                                                   To 
             ietf-calsify-boun         Calsify                             
             ces@osafoundation         <[email-masked]>    
             .org                                                       cc 
                                                                           
                                                                   Subject 
             11/10/2005 03:51          [Fwd: Re: [Ietf-calsify] Question   
             AM                        about attachment]                   

             Please respond to                                             
                  Calsify                                                  
             <ietf-calsify@osa                                             
              foundation.org>                                              

--

_______________________________________________
Ietf-calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify

---

From: helge.hess at opengroupware.org (Helge Hess)
Date: Thu Nov 10 08:35:16 2005

On 10. Nov 2005, at 17:21 Uhr, [email-masked] wrote:
> the meeting information.

Outlook only detects iMIP mails when the top-level content type is  
text/calendar, so in practice multipart is often a no go :-|

Greets,
   Helge
-- 
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/
OpenGroupware.org