Subject: [Ietf-calsify] OT but nice productivity hack: Yubnub to find RFCs, I-Ds and WGs

From: lisa at osafoundation.org (Lisa Dusseault)
Date: Wed Dec 7 14:10:23 2005

A co-worker (Jared Rhine) pointed me to Yubnub.org a while back.  I 
have grown addicted to it as a Internet command-line to jump straight 
to what I want.  E.g. I use a command like "thes addicted" to quickly 
find thesaurus matches: absorbed, accustomed, attached... :)

There was one IETF-related yubnub command already and I added two more 
very simple ones.

To jump to an RFC: rfc xxxx
	e.g. 'rfc 2822'  (don't forget space)

Internet-Draft Database Search: (shows list with filename substring 
match): ids keyword
	e.g. 'ids dusseault' to find draft-dusseault-caldav-08, but not 
draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis because 'dusseault' isn't in the title of 
that one

To jump to a WG charter: wg wgname
	e.g. 'wg imapext'

Not only do I get to avoid the thesaurus.com web form to find thesaurus 
matches, I also avoid the Yubnub Web form because I've set up Firefox 
so that I can type a Yubnub command line right into the address bar. 
Other possibilities include using the search engine field or a console 
app <http://www.yubnub.org/documentation/describe_installation>.

Fun, fun.  Hope it's useful to you too.  Let me know if you create 
other IETF-related command lines.  I'll blog about it or something so 
as not to spam people again.

Lisa

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched
Size: 1296 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-calsify/attachments/20051207/6ad58edd/attachment.bin