Subject: [Ietf-calsify] a message from the chairs

From: lear at cisco.com (Eliot Lear)
Date: Fri Sep 8 03:06:39 2006

Hello everyone,

I would like to again direct your attention to
http://www.ofcourseimright.com/cgi-bin/roundup/calsify.  These are the
open issues for RFC2445bis.  To move things along, Aki and I are going
to sift through each issue to see what is needed to resolve them.  Aki
will start at the top issue (number 1) and I will start at the bottom
(currently #40) and we will work our way towards each other.

Depending on mailing list content, we will take one of several actions:

   1. Close the issue because Bernard has dealt with it;
   2. Propose the issue be closed if there is no text;
   3. Propose the issue be closed if there is text but no discussion; or
   4. Encourage conclusion of discussion so we can close an issue that
      has both text and discussion.

Any issue can be moved to state (4) with proposal of text, based on a
reply to our messages.  If there is no text to discuss then it is
pointless to argue the issue.  Anyone can open a new issue - FOR NOW. 
We would like WGLC to not be too far away.

There are some overlapping issues in the tracker.  I beg your indulgence
to help me find these and to suggest an appropriate action.

On behalf of Aki, thanks for your participation!

Eliot