Subject: [calsify] RFC 8984 on JSCalendar: A JSON Representation of Calendar Data

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 12:01:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8984

        Title:      JSCalendar: A JSON Representation of 
                    Calendar Data 
        Author:     N. Jenkins,
                    R. Stepanek
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      73
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-calext-jscalendar-32.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8984

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8984

This specification defines a data model and JSON representation of
calendar data that can be used for storage and data exchange in a
calendaring and scheduling environment. It aims to be an alternative
and, over time, successor to the widely deployed iCalendar data
format. It also aims to be unambiguous, extendable, and simple to
process. In contrast to the jCal format, which is also based on JSON,
JSCalendar is not a direct mapping from iCalendar but defines the
data model independently and expands semantics where appropriate.

This document is a product of the Calendaring Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC