Subject: [calsify] Questions regarding RFC 9073/9074

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 12:05:07 +0100

The rfc9073 "7.2. Location" defines the VLOCATION component with a GEO property.

But the rfc9074 "8. Alarm Proximity Trigger" includes VLOCATION components into
the VALARM component with an URL 'geo' URI [RFC5870] property.

How to conclude this, accept both or rfc9074 only?

The rfc9073 "7.1. Participant" defines the partprop with "strucloc / strucres"
properties. Where are they defined or should they be ignored?

I am the owner of the PHP iCalcreator package (<https://github.com/iCalcreator/iCalcreator>)
and now preparing for a new release.

Regards

Kjell-Inge Gustafsson

---

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 12:12:36 -0500

> How to conclude this, accept both or rfc9074 only?

This is obviously an error in the examples in RFC9074.  I will file an 
erratum accordingly.

> properties. Where are they defined or should they be ignored?

These are leftover from older versions of the specification and 
should've been removed.  They have been superseded by VLOCATION and 
VRESOURCE.  We should file an erratum for this as well.

-- 

Kenneth Murchison
Senior Software Developer
Fastmail US LLC