Subject: [Captive-portals] Actually getting work done....

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 14:29:03 -0400

Hi there all,

So, over the weekend I finally got a chance to go back through the
audio recordings and complete the minutes (the Etherpad died during
the meeting and so we'd lost the end of the meeting -- please take a
look at https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/93/minutes/minutes-93-capport
and let us know if we've misunderstood / misrepresented anything... )

During the meeting a number of people expressed the opinion that what
we need is:
1: a taxonomy of captive portal types, and security considerations for each
2: a document that outlines the different sets of interests that CP
deployers have / industry survey. Why do captive portal players do
what they do? What do they run a CP ($$$ / AUP/Legal / Marketing)? Why
do they bypass the CP probe URLs (desire for a full featured browser?
bloodymindedness? something else?)

A large number of people supported that this work should happen, and a
number of people even put their hands indicating that they were
willing to contribute -- unfortunately we  didn't capture who...

So, presuming a WG is formed, who is willing to edit / author these
initial documents?
Don't be shy!

W

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf

---

From: David Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 11:35:59 -0700

Sign me up!

I'm happy to help out wherever I can..

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Warren Kumari <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Captive-portals mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/captive-portals
>

---

From: "Tirumaleswar Reddy (tireddy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 05:08:46 +0000

I'll be happy to contribute to the drafts.

-Tiru

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Captive-portals [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
> Of Warren Kumari
> Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 11:59 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Captive-portals] Actually getting work done....
> 
> Hi there all,
>